Bug report- calendar email notifications

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
RSubramanian

Bug report- calendar email notifications

Post by RSubramanian »

I hope this is an appropriate place for this bug report. If not, I'd love to be pointed in the right direction. Thanks!

I received an email notification of a new stake calendar item. This email begins:

[INDENT][font=&quot]The following calendar event is scheduled.

Event name: Stake Humanitarian Workshop
Event description: null

[/font][/INDENT][font=&quot][/font]Apparently empty descriptions are not being handled properly.

I've not taken any steps to try to reproduce the problem; I'm not too keen on spamming my stake. :-)
[font=&quot] [/font]
RJ Subramanian
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

RSubramanian wrote:I hope this is an appropriate place for this bug report. If not, I'd love to be pointed in the right direction. Thanks!

I received an email notification of a new stake calendar item. This email begins:

[INDENT][font=&quot]The following calendar event is scheduled.

Event name: Stake Humanitarian Workshop
Event description: null

[/font][/INDENT][font=&quot][/font]Apparently empty descriptions are not being handled properly.

I've not taken any steps to try to reproduce the problem; I'm not too keen on spamming my stake. :-)
[font=&quot] [/font]
Although it doesn't hurt to post your feedback in the forum, we cannot guarantee that those who really need to see your report are monitoring the forum. The best place to post feedback for these issues is with the "feedback" link on the bottom of lds.org. Reports sent in this manner will reach those who are responsible and guarantee the best success.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
RSubramanian

Post by RSubramanian »

Done. Thanks. I've just been shy about that feedback feature because of inconsistent results in the past.

Thanks again!
RJ Subramanian
rwardell

'null' resources included in email notifications

Post by rwardell »

I am seeing a similar issue when an event is scheduled and an email is sent. The email only says 'null' in the location. this the case below 3 different rooms were listed and there are 3 'nulls' when you go to the events detail it shows the correct locations. It is just in the email notification that isn't complete.

Event description:Viewing from 9:30 till 10:30 Funeral at 11:00 Burial in the XXXX CemeteryFamily dinner in the Cultural Hall

Event date: Dec 10, 2011
Event time: 9:30 AM
Location details: Burlington 1, 2, Otto
Resources scheduled: null, null, null
Calendar name: Burlington 2nd Ward
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

I was able to reproduce this in our test environment. I've logged both issues, the description and the resources being null, as bugs for resolution in the 2.0.5 release.

Return to “Calendar”