Can't open CALENDAR in Chrome

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
preston.baxter

Can't open CALENDAR in Chrome

Postby preston.baxter » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:00 am

For some reason I can't open the CALENDAR from http://www.lds.org when using Chrome. I get that twirling graphic indicating something is loading, but it never loads up past the "Calendar" title with the leading and trailing exclamation points. I can access the directory, maps, and other features fine but for some reason not the CALENDAR. I can access the full suite in Internet Explorer.

Any ideas what I might need to re-enable or otherwise try tweaking?

Preston

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:48 pm

preston.baxter wrote:For some reason I can't open the CALENDAR from http://www.lds.org when using Chrome. I get that twirling graphic indicating something is loading, but it never loads up past the "Calendar" title with the leading and trailing exclamation points. I can access the directory, maps, and other features fine but for some reason not the CALENDAR. I can access the full suite in Internet Explorer.

Any ideas what I might need to re-enable or otherwise try tweaking?

Preston

It works totally fine for me on Chrome. I don't have any ideas what you should do differently, but at least you know that it's not a general Chrome problem.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

victorth

Postby victorth » Sun May 01, 2011 11:45 am

I have had the same problem for about a month. The calendar does not load on my laptop, but it does on desktop. I'm sure that has something to do with an update that to some viewer or browser I don't have.

Someone suggested that it was a Flash issue, but then I was told that the Church web site does not use Adobe Flash.

I don't know what to do. Has anyone found the fix?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sun May 01, 2011 12:15 pm

Looking though the source for the page, I see javascript (not to be confused with Java), and a requirement for Flash version 10.

It might also be a security setting that's preventing things from working. I'm not a Chrome user, so I don't have any details.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “Calendar”