Bug Printing to PDF on New Calendar?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
anbrow

Bug Printing to PDF on New Calendar?

Post by anbrow »

I am the ward website administrator for my ward. I had a call this week from our Relief Society president trying to save a PDF of the Relief Society events for this month. When she clicked on the Print button in the new calendar, it comes up with a window that gives options to choose the months, the format (landscape, portrait, etc) and gives the option to either save a PDF using the download button or print. We noticed that no matter what we did, we always ended up getting the month prior along with the month that we wanted, even when it was not selected. It was also blank. The month we wanted was always the second page, and it was set up and formatted correctly. We think it may be a bug in the script that saves to pdf. Does anyone else experience this same issue?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

anbrow wrote:I am the ward website administrator for my ward. I had a call this week from our Relief Society president trying to save a PDF of the Relief Society events for this month. When she clicked on the Print button in the new calendar, it comes up with a window that gives options to choose the months, the format (landscape, portrait, etc) and gives the option to either save a PDF using the download button or print. We noticed that no matter what we did, we always ended up getting the month prior along with the month that we wanted, even when it was not selected. It was also blank. The month we wanted was always the second page, and it was set up and formatted correctly. We think it may be a bug in the script that saves to pdf. Does anyone else experience this same issue?
Yes, this has been mentioned (and the cause explained) in this post. The fix is easy -- just move to the Mountain Time Zone, where the problem doesn't occur.;) If you find that impractical, then report the problem using the Submit Feedback link on lds.org and hope the bug gets fixed soon.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
anbrow

Post by anbrow »

Hey, thanks for the incredibly fast response! The feedback button was the first thing I looked for, but could not find it, so I found this forum, and couldn't find the calendar issue with some searching. I tested the fix, and it does indeed work, however considering the rather non-technical nature of many of the ward members, asking them to make this change is as you say, impractical, and frankly should not be necessary. I don't see this as becoming a huge issue really, but for the few people who will do this, I am sure that it will confuse them. Perhaps just a note to the developers to let them know this is happening, they can look into it and see what they can figure out.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

anbrow wrote:Hey, thanks for the incredibly fast response! The feedback button was the first thing I looked for, but could not find it, so I found this forum, and couldn't find the calendar issue with some searching. I tested the fix, and it does indeed work, however considering the rather non-technical nature of many of the ward members, asking them to make this change is as you say, impractical, and frankly should not be necessary. I don't see this as becoming a huge issue really, but for the few people who will do this, I am sure that it will confuse them. Perhaps just a note to the developers to let them know this is happening, they can look into it and see what they can figure out.
I apologize if my attempt at humor was misleading. I was not suggesting that you change the time zone on your computer to the Mountain Time Zone -- that will adjust the time on all your events and be horribly confusing. I was just trying to make a joke about the fact that the problem doesn't occur in the Mountain Time Zone (almost certainly because the calendar development and testing work is done primarily in the Mountain Time Zone). Do not change the time zone setting on your computer to try to work around this bug.

I mentioned the "Submit Feedback link on lds.org" -- by that I mean that you can find that link at the bottom of the lds.org home page (it doesn't currently appear on any of the calendar pages, except for the calendar help page). Although this bug has already been reported, it won't hurt to submit additional bug reports, since that will help the development team understand how widespread the problem is.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”