Calendar Security Issues

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
gslittle

Calendar Security Issues

Post by gslittle »

We have had ward leaders who have been able to change event on another organization's calendar. So as a test I asked a Ward YM Presidency member to try and change one of our Stake events on the calendar. He was not able to access any single events, but if it was a reoccuring event, he was able to delete the entire string of reoccuring events. He did this by clicking a botton that says "Remove Reoccuring Exception". So he successfully deleted an entire year's Stake PEC meetings. is this a known bug and is it being fixed?
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-01-24 at 6 23 16 PM (2).jpg
Screen shot 2011-01-24 at 6 23 16 PM (2).jpg (13.54 KiB) Viewed 544 times
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Any bugs such as this anomally should be reported throught the lds.org feedback link. For the calendar the feedback link on the home page of lds.org should be used since there is none on the calendar.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

jdlessley wrote:For the calendar the feedback link on the home page of lds.org should be used since there is none on the calendar.
Actually, there is a feedback link at the bottom of the Calendar Help page, but the URL is identical to the one found on lds.org, so either one works.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

:) Well, I guess they do read the feedback then. It wasn't there the last time I submitted feedback. :o Oops, I thought you said at the bottom of the calendar page itself. I guess I need to understand what I read.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote::) Well, I guess they do read the feedback then. It wasn't there the last time I submitted feedback. :o
As far as I can recall, the Feedback link on the Calendar Help page has been there a long time. It's the Calendar page itself that has been missing the Feedback link for quite a while now (it had the link at one point) and that seems to cause so much confusion.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”