Automatic Notification of Calendar Edit Rights

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
zaneclark

Automatic Notification of Calendar Edit Rights

Post by zaneclark »

I just started setting up calendars for different organizations and within a few hours started getting emails from some ward members asking why they were now editors of a calendar. Evidently when you set up a calendar using the Wizard, it automatically sends a notice to the leaders of the organizations informing them that they have been added as an editor. This is not necessarily a bad thing, as now I do not need to add anyone...just train them!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:I just started setting up calendars for different organizations and within a few hours started getting emails from some ward members asking why they were now editors of a calendar. Evidently when you set up a calendar using the Wizard, it automatically sends a notice to the leaders of the organizations informing them that they have been added as an editor. This is not necessarily a bad thing, as now I do not need to add anyone...just train them!
The system always notifies someone when they get added (or removed) as a calendar editor, whether that is done manually or via the Calendar Setup Wizard. The Wizard adds a whole bunch of editors automatically to various calendars, so there are many notifications that go out all at once.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”