In short, we have created 4 calendars with differing options. One for birthdays, one for ward/public/parent viewing, one for presidency items, and one for the lesson schedule. Creating the multiple calendars gives us a lot of flexibility for printing, and helps us keep ourselves on track. When the other auxiliaries catch up and have their calendars going we will really be cooking with gas.
The new calendar is such an improvement over what we've used in the past. Thank you to everyone who has worked on it! My favorite feature is the ability to print only selected calendars. That alone has strengthened my testimony that the church's web programmers are true.
I'm posting some bugs and annoyances hoping they'll help out the developers. Reporting them through the online email form just results in canned email responses.
- when choosing multiple calendars to print, the final calendar item in the list is turned off by itself the first time you go to print. This happened to both my president and me on separate machines. We fixed it by creating a fake blank calendar to show at the bottom of our list of calendars, but that's pretty hackish.
- when selecting months to print, the following month's calendar always prints, too, but it's blank. For example, if I say I want to print months
January through February, April will print as well but it will be blank. This applies when printing even just one month.
- changing calendar items from calendar to another sometimes results in a double printing of that item. Sometimes it even duplicates the item.
- print time at the bottom of the printed version is in MST (and doesn't say so). It would be nice if it were local time.
- "all day" items look horrible when printed.
- print options shouldn't be hidden by default
- I think black and white should be the default, especially since clerk office printers are all black and white.
- repeats aren't sticky when you switch dates on an item.
- changing dates -- when you have been working on March's calendar, and then decide to add an item in January, you change the start date on the item to January. But the end date is still when you were working in March. It would be nice if the end date changed to match the start date automatically when it's changed.
- I'd like to export the YW lesson schedule for import by the other YW leaders in the stake, or worldwide. It isn't clear to me how to do that. Can't we just download a flat file instead of using those URLs? If so, how?
- Drag and drop calendar items - someday in the future, it would be SWEET if I could just drag and drop a whole slew of items (like the mutual calendar items) from one day to another when we change dates from Tuesday to Wednesday.
- This is such a girl thing, but I wish we could select the colors of the calendars ourselves. Some of those colors are pretty nasty.
- I can't see who created/altered a calendar item on other calendars. How do I know who to contact regarding that item if their name isn't visible? It would be nice to have an email link right on the item.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!