New calendar notifications - how to turn off?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
colbyj

New calendar notifications - how to turn off?

Post by colbyj »

Hello,
forgive me if there is a thread already available that addresses the new lds.org calendar... is there a way to turn off the notification system while I am building the new individual calendars? I am a stake clerk and trying to populate the new calendar with info from the old classic calendar. The new calendar requires you to build individual calendars per organization (youth, single adults, stake, etc...). While trying to figure all this out I created and then deleted different calendars, which subsequently sent a flood of notification emails to nearly all the stake leadership. I feel really bad about filling other's inboxes with unnecessary messages, especially when I had no idea I was generating so much message traffic. Is there a way to manipulate the new calendaring system so as to avoid peppering people's inboxes with countless emails? I am quite hesitant to even mess with the new calendar system now, especially when it remains a work in progress through 2011. I think the best course of action at this point is to continue directing folks to the classic calendar, which I spent hours getting ready earlier anyways.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

colbyj wrote:forgive me if there is a thread already available that addresses the new lds.org calendar... is there a way to turn off the notification system while I am building the new individual calendars? I am a stake clerk and trying to populate the new calendar with info from the old classic calendar. The new calendar requires you to build individual calendars per organization (youth, single adults, stake, etc...). While trying to figure all this out I created and then deleted different calendars, which subsequently sent a flood of notification emails to nearly all the stake leadership. I feel really bad about filling other's inboxes with unnecessary messages, especially when I had no idea I was generating so much message traffic. Is there a way to manipulate the new calendaring system so as to avoid peppering people's inboxes with countless emails?

This was addressed in the thread Calendar Default Approvers: All get emails...

The basic answer is no, there is no way to turn off notifications to calendar approvers for administrative events such as adding and deleting calendars.
colbyj wrote:I am quite hesitant to even mess with the new calendar system now, especially when it remains a work in progress through 2011. I think the best course of action at this point is to continue directing folks to the classic calendar, which I spent hours getting ready earlier anyways.

Each stake needs to make this decision. Some switched to the new calendar in 2010, some will switch in the next few months, and I'm sure that many will wait until the bitter end (end of 2011). Any of those answers can be correct. There are multiple threads here that discuss the tradeoffs.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”