old vs new calendars

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

djdinut1 wrote:Why are Churchwide Events not showing up on the new Calendar?

Some of us are happier that it's that way. It created confusion when local times didn't match the Mountain Time posted in the calendar. In some cases, we tape delayed the event causing even more confusion.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
djdinut1

Post by djdinut1 »

I'm confused. Are you saying Churchwide Events are not supposed to be showing on the Calendar? If not, why? If they are, when will they be showing? Wouldn't the Churchwide Events calendar be one I could unsubscribe from if I don't want it to show on my personal calendar?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

djdinut1 wrote:I'm confused. Are you saying Churchwide Events are not supposed to be showing on the Calendar?

I'm not saying that. I'm just saying that I'm happier that they are not. It causes confusion in our stake. Simply unsubscribing myself doesn't help the others in my stake.

It's possible they'll appear later when more local controls can be built into the system.

For example, not all of us show RS/YW General Meetings "live".

I'd assume there would be appropriate stake calendars that such events could be added to. The key is to be able to get the list. The Broadcast Schedule would be a good place to look.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

djdinut1 wrote:Why are Churchwide Events not showing up on the new Calendar? I see my ward and stake events, but not Churchwide.
This is not yet implemented. From the Known Limitations page in Calendar help:
The calendar does not import or automatically display Churchwide calendar events, such as First Presidency Christmas Devotional or Temple Square events.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”