LUWS Crashes Google Chrome

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jander04

LUWS Crashes Google Chrome

Postby jander04 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:04 am

I have wondered why various things don't work on the new web site, and tonight I figured out that the reason is because I am using Google Chrome. I can't edit calendar items, and on occasion, Chrome simply locks up.

The appearance of things seems OK, but when I use administrator privileges, odd things happen.

I can edit calendar items just find using IE8.

Is anyone else using Google Chrome and having problems?

Jerry

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:12 am

jander04 wrote:I have wondered why various things don't work on the new web site, and tonight I figured out that the reason is because I am using Google Chrome. I can't edit calendar items, and on occasion, Chrome simply locks up.
Is anyone else using Google Chrome and having problems?

I use Firefox more than Chrome, but I do use Chrome a fair amount. It works fine for me. I can edit calendar items with no problems.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

tortdog

Postby tortdog » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:10 am

I have had intermittent issues using Chrome, but nothing that I could lock down sufficiently to give information on. Sometimes the calendar will just sit in queue, never finishing. Other times the directory will say that information is not available for a leadership group (always bishopric, but never high priests, elders, RS, go figure).

jander04

Postby jander04 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:08 pm

tortdog wrote:I have had intermittent issues using Chrome, but nothing that I could lock down sufficiently to give information on. Sometimes the calendar will just sit in queue, never finishing. Other times the directory will say that information is not available for a leadership group (always bishopric, but never high priests, elders, RS, go figure).

My issues are similar to yours---intermittent problems and the calendar editing sitting with the spinning icon and never finishing.

I find it interesting that others have no problems with Chrome.

Hmmm...

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:50 pm

jander04 wrote:MI find it interesting that others have no problems with Chrome.

Just to clarify my previous response, it would be more accurate to say that I have no Chrome-related problems. The calendar occasionally has problems, but they are clearly server-side issues, and I see the same effects in Firefox, IE, and Chrome. So I discounted those issues for purposes of this thread.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

tortdog

Postby tortdog » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:35 am

Since I almost always use Chrome, I couldn't opine whether Firefox or MS have the same issues.

Return to “Calendar”