Calendar sync issues

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
emrolgould

Post by emrolgould »

aebrown wrote:Google Calendar takes quite a while to sync (some people report two or more days), so I'm not surprised that it's showing older events. I don't have any experience with how fast the lds.org/leader page is supposed to sync calendar events.

I can't imagine that it's anything you've done wrong -- just be patient.

The leader page is now updated, and is updating on the fly. So I lost patience and removed the subscription from Google Calendar. I then went for the subscription URL and tried to add it to Google Calendar again. Now nothing is happening on Google Calendar.
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

My calendar was synchronizing to Google in the past. Now it's not. I created a temp Google calendar and used my "share" link to import the events to that calendar and they all imported correctly. The direct-linked calendar still does fails to function and is empty.
AArnott

Post by AArnott »

Well the new URL after this fix isn't giving me an error any more, and I do get a 10KB file, but Google Calendar isn't showing any events as a result of me subscribing to that calendar.
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

Same. Creates a file that can be imported to Google calendar, but the live URL does not populate Google calendar.

Note: On adding the URL calendar to Google, it refreshes the calendar page and then states "Importing calendar from url...". Then it sits there, for a long time. It's been about 5 minutes and still not auto refresh by Google. Other URL subscriptions import immediately for me.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tortdog wrote:Same. Creates a file that can be imported to Google calendar, but the live URL does not populate Google calendar.

That's the same problem I've had. It's unclear to me if somehow the the church is blocking Google's access to their servers or if the problem is at Google's end.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BellMR

Post by BellMR »

Looping in another thread that may explain at least some people's issues.

https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... -iCal-file
djdinut1

Google Calendar Sync Problem

Post by djdinut1 »

I have been able to get my iPad to sync with my lds.org calendar but there is no sync with my Google calendar. Is the Google calendar sync problem being addressed?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

djdinut1 wrote:I have been able to get my iPad to sync with my lds.org calendar but there is no sync with my Google calendar. Is the Google calendar sync problem being addressed?
It appears that the problem is at least in part on Google's end. See here.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
stanstrad

Post by stanstrad »

I have never been able to sync lds calendar to Google calendar. Have attempted dozens of times on several pc's and over many weeks. But I have always been trying on a PC. Today I tried it on my iPad to the same Google account calendar and it linked and synced fine. It then showed correct on the the PC's as an added calendar also.
Just as a test I then copied the URL that lds Calendar gave me on the iPad and moved to a PC and pasted it into different google account calendar and it linked also.
So now I am not sure if that had anything to do with it or if Google just applied a fix but I am happy it finally linked up.
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

I'm assuming that the text of the link you "export" from the iPad is the same as the link you "export" from a PC, i.e., there is nothing special about copying/pasting the link from the iPad itself.

Return to “Calendar”