Calendar sync issues

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
gotababy

Google Calendar sync issues

Post by gotababy »

I have tried many many times the past couple of weeks to get the new calendar to sync with Google calendar. I've attempted on mult computers, multiple browsers (IE, Crome, FF) and on my own and wife's google calendars and each of our lds.org log-in's and it won't work. It either does nothing, but shows the calendar in the list of calendars but not in the actual calendar section, or it just say's "Failed to import calendar from "http://lds.org/church-calendar/services ... subscribe/. . . ""

Yes -- I'm posting in the url link in my login at lds.org in the export calendar section.
I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong or where the glitch is. Thanks.
I've setup the calendar, put in many events and trying to get our ward on board to use it, but want to make sure it's working ok before doing so.

Any other suggestions? I'm going to try via Outlook, but I'd much rather have it directly to Google as it's much more mobile.
Thanks!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

gotababy wrote:I have tried many many times the past couple of weeks to get the new calendar to sync with Google calendar.
Can you explain exactly what you are doing with the Google calendar to try to use the URL? You said "Yes -- I'm posting in the url link in my login at lds.org in the export calendar section." But where exactly are you pasting it?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
gotababy

Post by gotababy »

Bottom L -- "other calendars", add, "add by URL", then put in the URL given to me by the LDS.org site specific for each person it seems.
It then makes a new calendar under the "othe calendar" sections, with a long abnoxious name. It can be edited, etc. like a regular calendar, but it's not showing anything on the actual google calendar, and it's toggled to be "on"

I'm quite a techy guy and am not exactly sure where the hangup is. I already have google setup between my wife and me - the calendars work fine.

Seems it is attemping a long address @import.calendar.google.com

Thanks for any suggestions!
blainemoss

Google sync problem

Post by blainemoss »

I too am having problems with syncing with Google calendar. If just past the URL in a browser I get the following:

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 1 at column 1: Document is empty
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

When I sync a different lds.org calendar with iCal that URL actually downloads and ics file.
blainemoss

Google sync problem

Post by blainemoss »

Just tried it again and got the following error:

Failed to import calendar from "http://lds.org/church-calendar/services ... xxxxxxxxxx".
gardrich-p40

Post by gardrich-p40 »

I did the same thing as Alan about 6 weeks ago and it worked perfectly. Tonight I tried to help the 1st counselor in the Stake Presidency do the same thing and got the error 'Failed to import calendar from "http://lds.org/church/calendar..."etc. Is anyone aware of any issues?
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

duanegrasse wrote:It doesn't show anything on my phone.
If you are trying to sync it to the iPhone calendar app, here is how I did it. I assume this would also work on an iPad or iPod Touch.
  • On the iPhone, use Safari to navigate to the sync page of the new ward calendar.
  • Use the iPhone's copy and paste feature to copy the one of the http//: subscription URLs. I used the one for iCal.
  • Click the Home button on the iPhone to exit Safari.
  • Tap the Settings icon.
  • Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars
  • Select Add Account...
  • Select Other
  • Select Add Subscribed Calendar
  • Paste the URL into the Server field, then tap Next, then tap Save.
If the iPhone was able to verify the URL, then you should now be able to open up the calendar app and see whatever events are in your ward calendar.
lanestevens

After a while Google reports a failure and deletes the calendar

Post by lanestevens »

I am unable to sync with Google Calendar. Initially the URL is accepted and the calendar is created. No events display. After a short period of time, I get a notice from Google calendar that provides an error message and then the calendar is removed from the list of calendars.

I'm able to subsequently add the calendar, but eventually the process repeats.

The error message says:

Settings Error
Failure to import calendar from "..." where ... is the sync URL provided.
rytrunkie-p40

Same Problem

Post by rytrunkie-p40 »

I am having the same problem. Nothing more to add.

I can successfully subscribe to the calendar with iCal, in fact it it immediately imports to the iCal. It seems like it is an issue with google calendar.
gotababy

Post by gotababy »

Alan Brown -- still having same issues as before, seems mult others are also. Thanks!

Return to “Calendar”