Calendar Sync

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jedware

Post by jedware »

Sync is still down for me. I checked this morning and it is interesting that the 19 digit number is changing. I am now seeing the third different number when selecting the sync options.

I would of thought that number would be unique to members and not changing.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

JedWare wrote:Sync is still down for me. I checked this morning and it is interesting that the 19 digit number is changing. I am now seeing the third different number when selecting the sync options.

I would of thought that number would be unique to members and not changing.
That is indeed interesting -- I think you might be on to something. I have never had any sync problems, but my 19-digit number has remained constant (or at least the last 4 digits have remained constant -- that's all I've paid sufficient attention to).

If somehow your calendar ID is not consistent, then there could clearly be problems with the syncing application getting your calendar data. Has anyone else who is having sync problems noticed this inconsistency?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
aarastas

unique id changing every time I load the sync utility

Post by aarastas »

Yes, I get a new unique number every time I open the sync utility.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

JedWare wrote:I checked this morning and it is interesting that the 19 digit number is changing.
aarastas wrote:Yes, I get a new unique number every time I open the sync utility.
This should not be happening, so you should report the problem using the Feedback link.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mackayr

Post by mackayr »

Under new.lds.org, I was able to successfully sync my LDS calendar with my Google calendar, but at (or around) the time of the change, I am now unable to do so. The same address (with webcals instead of http) works Outlook.

Is this issue being addressed?
jjlinton

Post by jjlinton »

I also am having this problem and get a new id every time I try and sync. I am unsuccessful with outlook or google.
jedware

Post by jedware »

I see from the chorus of replies on the forum that there are numerous people still unable to sync.

I submitted a ticket over a week ago and still no response. I suspect the only people that are syncing are those that initiated the sync before the cut over on Nov 30th.

This issue looks to go beyond just isolated users or stakes and still no one has even responded with acknowledgement of the issue.

Is anyone listening?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

JedWare wrote:I submitted a ticket over a week ago and still no response.
Is anyone listening?
How did you submit a "ticket"? I know of no way to do that. The only way I know of for submitting feedback explicitly says that you can't count on any response. So I wouldn't call that a "ticket." I have submitted many issues and never received a response.

But the lack of response does not mean that no one is listening. My experience is that many of the issues I've raised do get addressed within a few weeks. It does take time to reproduce a problem, analyze it, fix it, test it, and deploy it -- usually with several other fixes and enhancements.
jedware

Post by jedware »

Sorry it was "Feedback" and not a ticket. Either way I am need of some confirmation that the issue is being addressed and ideally some timeline when it should be fixed.

I have our stake presidency needing this information to coordinate our stake calendar release. Is there someone I need to call on this issue?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

JedWare wrote:Is anyone listening?
It takes valuable time to write up a response. The programmers working on the issues and bugs would more than likely be the ones to respond to a forum issue or website feedback. What is more productive, responding to an issue or website feedback or actually working on the issue or bug?

While I am one who would like to see a response, I would rather see the issue or bug fixed rather than get a response and the work effort be delayed. When we see or hear about an issue that has been fixed or implemented we know they are listening and working.

There are some Church employees who participate in these forums and give some timely information. That is voluntary on their part and does take some of their personal time. I congratulate them.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”