Beta Calendar Issues

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

Techgy wrote:I'm seeing just the opposite. A repeated entry for every Monday in the year (FHE) ends up being display on Sundays for the 3rd-5th week of March if I'm in the "Month" view. If I view the entries by using the "Weekly" view, they're all correct.

Perhaps we should just skip March ~!
What I'm actually seeing is the events listed at a specific time are advanced a full day in the monthly view. But events listed as all-day events are still placed correctly. Are you getting that too?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

nutterb wrote:What I'm actually seeing is the events listed at a specific time are advanced a full day in the monthly view. But events listed as all-day events are still placed correctly. Are you getting that too?
No. I'm seeing "All Day" events that are appearing one day off.

It doesn't matter what process I used to create the event.
1) "Add Event"
or
2) click on a date and enter it from there.

Both entries will show a time 12:00am even though the time may not be specified in the entry.
Attachments
Beta_Calendar.jpg
Beta_Calendar.jpg (15.84 KiB) Viewed 762 times
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Alan_Brown wrote:Are you in the Week view? In my experience, trying to add an event to any date after January in the Week view brings up the wrong date in the event popup. But the monthly view brings up the correct date.
I was using week view. I just tried it in month view and the same thing happened. I clicked on February 3rd, entered an event, hit save, and the event shows up on March 4th. Pretty slick... :confused: Other events entered in February end up on the following "day" in March. Events entered in March end up on the subsequent day in March. Something's wrong with the database date encoding.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

oregonmatt wrote:I was using week view. I just tried it in month view and the same thing happened. I clicked on February 3rd, entered an event, hit save, and the event shows up on March 4th. Pretty slick... :confused: Other events entered in February end up on the following "day" in March. Events entered in March end up on the subsequent day in March. Something's wrong with the database date encoding.
Thirty days hath September, April, June and November, all the rest have 31, except for March which we skip.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Techgy wrote:I'm seeing just the opposite. A repeated entry for every Monday in the year (FHE) ends up being display on Sundays for the 3rd-5th week of March if I'm in the "Month" view. If I view the entries by using the "Weekly" view, they're all correct.
I wasn't talking about how the events are displayed, so your experience isn't really the opposite. What I was talking about is when you click on a date to add a new event, the date displayed in the popup that has the event properties is often wrong.

You're talking about the flip side of that -- once you specify dates in the event properties, how they are displayed on the week or month view.
mprusse

Existing events also shifting

Post by mprusse »

I can confirm this problem of events not posting on the requested day. I also just noticed that an event I had listed for several weeks for this Sunday has all of a sudden shifted to this coming Monday. So it isn't just new events.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

nutterb wrote:Your issue isn't actually a bug though. You should be getting the letter . . . stating that March will now be known as February and vice versa. Also, two will now be known as three within the Church.
No, no, no. This is the time travel option we have been hearing about. Must be nearly out of beta now! [grin]
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Alan_Brown wrote:I wasn't talking about how the events are displayed, so your experience isn't really the opposite. What I was talking about is when you click on a date to add a new event, the date displayed in the popup that has the event properties is often wrong.

You're talking about the flip side of that -- once you specify dates in the event properties, how they are displayed on the week or month view.
I haven't experienced the problem that you're referring to.
The only issue I've seen is with the display of the calendar AFTER events have been entered.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

oregonmatt wrote:Probably should be another thread, but I'm having difficulty entering anything for February. Every time I do, it ends up on the same date in March instead of February. Basic functionality? I have sent feedback but have not heard back yet.
I have heard back now. I expect the issue to show up in the bug tracker soon.

BTW: Kudos to all of you working on this project. I'm sure keeping up with not-so-well formatted feedback is tricky enough, let alone answering within the same day. I only wish I knew enough java to help.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

How to identify who the ward calendar administrator is

Post by jdlessley »

I have been helping others in my stake learn the beta calendar. One issue that seems to evade me is how a user can identify who the calendar administrator is. For now we know who the administrators default to. But if those default administrators create other administrators and then remove themselves...

There are some actions that can only be done by an administrator. One of those actions is deleting a calendar. This issue has already arrisen. Currently with the beta the feedback link is to the developers and not the local administrator(s). We have already come upon this problem. Because I am a stake LUWS admin I have received messages asking me to delete a ward calendar. Since I am not a member of that ward I have to research who the defaults are and then send a message back asking the member to contact them. As time goes by I can expect that the default admins are going to add others and remove themselves because they are not comfortable with holding that responsibility. Then even I will not know who the ward admins are.

The help for the calendar has tips for creators and editors to contact the administrator for certain actions. One tip recommends a creator contact an "approver" (admin) to let them know a calendar is awaiting approval. Deleting a calendar is another area a creator would have to contact an administrator.

Edit: I found a partial answer to the issue. The default administrators are not removable except when they are released from their callings. But that now creates another issue for those default admins who do not want that position. (For example when they are not comfortable with technology or just don't want to be bothered.)
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”