Beta Calendar Issues

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

lajackson wrote:No, no, no. This is the time travel option we have been hearing about. Must be nearly out of beta now! [grin]
And I was thinking they had just figured out how to accommodate "deadline scheduling" in software, where if it the deadline is February 3rd, it doesn't really get completed until March 4th. Isn't that usually the way it seems to work anyway in the real world? [grin]
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

oregonmatt wrote:I was using week view. I just tried it in month view and the same thing happened. I clicked on February 3rd, entered an event, hit save, and the event shows up on March 4th. Pretty slick... :confused: Other events entered in February end up on the following "day" in March. Events entered in March end up on the subsequent day in March. Something's wrong with the database date encoding.
So, Heres the trick. Using the logic that your event will appear one month and one day late: Go to a january date, such as the first sunday, enter your date, make it repeat every first "saturday." And there you go! Of course, your event won't show at all in January, let alone on the first saturday... it will show on the first "sunday" in Feb., and every first sunday, except in August, where it will show on the second sunday....

It really works this way...I don't think I'll use the calendar for anything "real" just yet!
kisaac
Community Moderators

"drag and Drop" feature - be careful

Post by kisaac »

I find the "drag and drop" feature, where you click on an event in month view, and drag it to another date, is problematic. I messed up my calendar quickly and couldn't restore it easily.

1) As you drag an event, it never quite lands on the date you think. Perhaps this is related to the other problems of displaying on the correct date.

2) It's easy to accidentally pull your event off the correct date and drop it somewhere, without any "confirm," and sometimes without even knowing. It seems to me that if I enter a date for an event, such as feb 22, I shouldn't be able to drag it from that date to another date without some kind of "double-check" or "confirm" from the calendar: "are you sure you want to re-schedule your event to Feb 23?" And there is no "undo" or "restore" option.

3) Once you've "dragged" ("drugged?":)) it to another date, and you pull up the details, it is still listing the original entered date, which it should not, if you really meant to move it to a new date. It should update the event with the new date you dragged it to, or confusion will rule!
mfmohlma

Please remember

Post by mfmohlma »

Ranting here is fine, but please remember to document your problems with the feedback link to the developers. By working together, we can all get these bugs worked out quickly.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

oregonmatt wrote:I was using week view. I just tried it in month view and the same thing happened. I clicked on February 3rd, entered an event, hit save, and the event shows up on March 4th. Pretty slick... :confused: Other events entered in February end up on the following "day" in March. Events entered in March end up on the subsequent day in March. Something's wrong with the database date encoding.
This seems to have been fixed. (At least I can't break it the same way again.) Can anyone else confirm?
mwchesley

Post by mwchesley »

It appears to be fixed in my case too. My events which were being displayed in the wrong day boxes in the monthly view are now displayed in the correct places. Thanks.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

oregonmatt wrote:This seems to have been fixed. (At least I can't break it the same way again.) Can anyone else confirm?
Sorry, but it's still there - at least for me.
First of all let's be sure we're talking about the same calendar site.
http://labs.lds.org

A repeating event entered for all Mondays (FHE) will appear just the same as it did back in my earlier post.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Techgy wrote:First of all let's be sure we're talking about the same calendar site.
http://labs.lds.org
Throughout this thread (which is titled "Beta Calendar Issues"), I have assumed we are talking about the Beta site at https://beta.lds.org/church-calendar, not the labs site. The beta site indeed seems to be fixed.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Alan_Brown wrote:Throughout this thread (which is titled "Beta Calendar Issues"), I have assumed we are talking about the Beta site at https://beta.lds.org/church-calendar, not the labs site. The beta site indeed seems to be fixed.
Yup. The beta site is indeed fixed. It would seem that the same problem is present on the labs.lds.org site, so I've sent in some feedback to inform them about it.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
GrasseDD

Admin designated how? and Calendars migrated?

Post by GrasseDD »

I've been reading the thread and have visited the new calendar site, which looks nice. I have two questions:

1- I don't have any of the approver actions available. I am the stake website admin. Or, maybe only partially? Is there now a designation in MLS that's necessary for admin rights, at least in the beta calendars? (It's been a couple years since I had an MLS-using calling.)

2- There's nothing in it. Please tell me that the currently calendared events will be transferred!

Thanks,
D.G.

Return to “Calendar”