Beta Calendar Issues

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Beta Calendar Issues

Post by jdlessley »

I want to get a discussion of things I am finding in the beta calendar before I submit feedback to the developers. I am not sure I am aware of how to use the beta calendar correctly yet and that may be adding to issues I am finding.

Since I am a stake administrator I find that I cannot view calendar event details the same way a regular user can. For example: when I click on an event the edit event window is displayed. My desire is to view (preview) the event to see how it is displayed for everyone else. I can't seem to find a way to do this. As a comparison to the current LUWS calendar I know that when the blue pages are dispayed the calendar will display the event details when the event is clicked.

Any thoughts?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

I just had my wife log in to see what an event would look like. It's pretty much the same window, but the fields are not editable. Not very readable in my opinion. It's the only way I could think of seeing what a non-editor would see.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

I found it was possible to remove all editors from a calendar, including myself. Sort of a problem if no one is an editor...

Also found that I could not delete a calendar even though I created it. It never showed up in my Calendar Admin page.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

crislapi wrote:I found it was possible to remove all editors from a calendar, including myself. Sort of a problem if no one is an editor...

Also found that I could not delete a calendar even though I created it. It never showed up in my Calendar Admin page.
There's a difference between an Editor and an Administrator.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Techgy wrote:There's a difference between an Editor and an Administrator.
Agreed, but as an administrator, I couldn't get back into it to edit it either. And therefore I couldn't add editors either. And neither explains why I still can't delete it. The help files seem to be a little behind the current version. Screen shots and position instructions don't match what I see, although I can still figure out what they mean.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

crislapi wrote:Agreed, but as an administrator, I couldn't get back into it to edit it either. And therefore I couldn't add editors either. And neither explains why I still can't delete it. The help files seem to be a little behind the current version. Screen shots and position instructions don't match what I see, although I can still figure out what they mean.
Sounds like another bug. Use the feedback system and send them a notice detailing what you found. They've been very good at getting back to me.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

jdlessley wrote:I want to get a discussion of things I am finding in the beta calendar before I submit feedback to the developers.
Probably should be another thread, but I'm having difficulty entering anything for February. Every time I do, it ends up on the same date in March instead of February. Basic functionality? I have sent feedback but have not heard back yet.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

oregonmatt wrote:Probably should be another thread, but I'm having difficulty entering anything for February. Every time I do, it ends up on the same date in March instead of February. Basic functionality? I have sent feedback but have not heard back yet.
Are you in the Week view? In my experience, trying to add an event to any date after January in the Week view brings up the wrong date in the event popup. But the monthly view brings up the correct date.
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

oregonmatt wrote:Probably should be another thread, but I'm having difficulty entering anything for February. Every time I do, it ends up on the same date in March instead of February. Basic functionality? I have sent feedback but have not heard back yet.
I'm having some problems with the monthly view too. I was going to wait until next week to report it, but all of my events are being shifted a day in the monthly view (they're fine in the weekly view).

Your issue isn't actually a bug though. You should be getting the letter from the First Presidency on Sunday stating that March will now be known as February and vice versa. Also, two will now be known as three within the Church.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Alan_Brown wrote:Are you in the Week view? In my experience, trying to add an event to any date after January in the Week view brings up the wrong date in the event popup. But the monthly view brings up the correct date.
I'm seeing just the opposite. A repeated entry for every Monday in the year (FHE) ends up being display on Sundays for the 3rd-5th week of March if I'm in the "Month" view. If I view the entries by using the "Weekly" view, they're all correct.

Perhaps we should just skip March ~!

Return to “Calendar”