Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
PaulaGarner

Calendar

Post by PaulaGarner »

I recently moved to a new ward and stake. I cannot see the ward or stake calendar - they aren't listed to even select. The only calendar I can select is Churchwide Events from the Churchwide Calendars. My stake is listed, but no calendars are available to view, only locations. I can view ward building and stake building calendars, but not my unit's calendar or my stake's calendar. Any idea how to fix this?

I have no issue with the ward rosters - can view those without any problem.

Thanks in advance for any tips to fix this.

Paula Garner
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar

Post by russellhltn »

It sounds like either your new ward/stake doesn't use the calendar system, or (unlikely) they've elected to make all calendars private and haven't added you. I'd suggest you talk to the ward leaders to see how they communicate the calendar to the members.

What you describe is the "default" situation for new units: The ward and stake will be listed, along with the buildings (from the FM group's system), but no event calendars. As such, it sounds like they never set it up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
PaulaGarner

Post by PaulaGarner »

Actually, they do use the calendar system - I can see it when logged in with someone else's account. I did check with a member of the bishopric, but he wasn't sure what was wrong. I'll give him this info and see if that helps. Thanks for your reply.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

It sounds like you need to subscribe to the calendars. If you click on the gear in the upper right and click subscriptions do the calendars show up and let you toggle the subscriptions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:It sounds like you need to subscribe to the calendars.
Ah, I forgot about that. The subscription feature is a bit hidden. Without subdscirbing to something, you'll see nothing. Subscriptinos do not carry over from one ward to another.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
PaulaGarner

Post by PaulaGarner »

That's it! Thank you so much for your help!

Return to “Calendar”