Room setup for the calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
galbraithcraigbennett

Room setup for the calendar

Post by galbraithcraigbennett »

I have been newly set as the calendar for my ward, and I find that a room like cultral hall has been set up to check off, but that can be divided into two areas and I need to find out how do do that. I have searched help information but no help yet. I will continue looking till I resolve the problem. Also if a room is booked that is actually 3 rooms with dividers, should all 3 rooms be booked?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Room setup for the calendar

Post by russellhltn »

Room setup is controlled by the stake administrator. Ward admins have no such power.

What the rooms mean is whatever local leaders define it to mean. But note that if you divide the cultural hall into thirds, then you'll have 3 rooms that all need to be checked off if an activity is using the whole space. There's no provision for a room "hierarchy".

The first question I'd ask is how often (outside of Sunday meetings) are the rooms divided and under the control of a different calendar activity? For example, perhaps the YW will divide it up into 3 classrooms, but it would still be the same YW activity with a single entry in the calendar.

There are advantages to keeping the cultural hall as a single room. Especially if the sound proofing isn't sufficient to allow completely separate activities. (Could the YM play basketball in room 1 and still allow another activity in rooms 2 & 3? Because if you divide them into three room on the calendar, that's what you're implying.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”