Is the calendar code being worked on?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
RBeatse

Is the calendar code being worked on?

Post by RBeatse »

Is the calendaring code being actively worked on with enhancements/bug fixes, etc. Or is it pretty much in "on-going support" mode? I only ask because there are a few "enhancements" that I could see commenting on but there is no need if it is not going to get looked at. There are lots of other priorities, I am sure, but after a very long time working on the calendar, I've seen area that could be "better" but are not truly bugs (although there are the occasional ones of those also).

Thanks!
davesudweeks

Re: Is the calendar code being worked on?

Post by davesudweeks »

This forum is primarily user-to-user tech support. The decision makers typically do not visit here. I believe they do want feedback on possible enhancements or features but those should be reported using the feedback link at the bottom of the calendar page on LDS.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The church has a very small group that does development. As such, they move from project to project as dictated by Priesthood department.

I doubt if the calendar system is "complete" and will never see an update, but nothing will happen until the higher priorities are taken care of.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

russellhltn wrote:The church has a very small group that does development. As such, they move from project to project as dictated by Priesthood department.

I doubt if the calendar system is "complete" and will never see an update, but nothing will happen until the higher priorities are taken care of.
That is what I kind of thought. I just didn't want to assume that and then find out in 2 months that they were looking for issues/enhancements and I hadn't said anything. I will use the feedback link so it gets logged somewhere.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RBeatse wrote:I will use the feedback link so it gets logged somewhere.
While it may seem as if change rarely happens, as russellhltn pointed out concerning priorities, there is plenty of evidence that feedback is recorded and considered during those rare moments when the developers get to the particular part of LDS.org in question.

When I have ideas and feel they should be considered, I always send feedback. And over the years, I have been pleasantly surprised on occasion.

Return to “Calendar”