"My Stake Calendar"

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
NPAlemany

"My Stake Calendar"

Post by NPAlemany »

Hi, I have noticed a "new " calendar option on my list of calendars I may choose to enter an event on called "My Stake Calendar". Where can I learn more about this option? Who has access to such a calendar? Does it actually provide a block that will come up when others try to schedule over something I have entered on the stake calendar. Is this the calendar option I have been dreaming of for years that allows me to enter an event on a building calendar that will appear on the calendars of all units in a given building? Why was it created and how is it to be used? And is there a way to block others who may have access to this calendar and are using it incorrectly?

Thank you,

Nancy Alemany
Stake Website Administrator
Texas Houston South Stake
:D
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: "My Stake Calendar"

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not seeing any such thing. My guess is that someone who doesn't understand how calendars work created a new calendar by that name.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
NPAlemany

Post by NPAlemany »

I'll go look....I thought it was a general thing....but now that you mention it....it appears to be another member of the stake technology team that is using it as well and incorrectly. Since I have your attention, I was reading this morning about a "Building" calendar. I have always wanted a "building" calendar where events that related to just the units in the building, such as a funeral, or in our case our joint building cub scout meetings could be entered. Where do I find such a thing?

Thanks, it's good to see you are still here answering questions.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nancypalemany wrote:I was reading this morning about a "Building" calendar. I have always wanted a "building" calendar where events that related to just the units in the building, such as a funeral, or in our case our joint building cub scout meetings could be entered. Where do I find such a thing?
Please read "Locations" under "Types of Calendars" in Navigating the Calendar

It's for scheduling the building itself. All events taking place in that building automatically show on that calendar to prevent double-booking the building. It is not a calendar for events that cover multiple units.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”