Scheduling conflict on the stake calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kcwray

Scheduling conflict on the stake calendar

Post by kcwray »

I am a new High Councilor in our Stake and am over building scheduling. We have 8 wards and only 1 building. Our other buildings are on loan from another stake. I am trying to schedule our building on a Saturday where nothing is going on in our building. However, we do have Stake Baptisms that day at another facility at the same time. I am not allowed to create the event when I select our building from the pull-down menu but I can create it by selecting "other facility" and typing in the name of our building??? Anyone know why that is occurring?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: using the stake calendar

Post by russellhltn »

kcwray wrote:I am not allowed to create the event when I select our building from the pull-down menu but I can create it by selecting "other facility" and typing in the name of our building??? Anyone know why that is occurring?
One of the functions of the calendar is to schedule the building. The system will not allow two events in the same room at the same time. It also has the ability to block certain units from scheduling. For example, if Unit A, B and C share a building, a restriction can be put in place so that only Unit A can schedule on Tuesdays, Unit B on Wednesday and Unit C on Thursday.

Using "other facility" defeats that system completely. Even if you type in the name of the building exactly, it won't consider is taking place in that building.

So, to answer your question, either something is happening in that building, or someone has scheduled a restriction to prevent events by your unit in that building at that time. Usually you can spot those issues if you click the check box for that location on the main page of the calendar. You'll then see all the events taking place in that building.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”