import ics feed into calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
reedloertscher

import ics feed into calendar

Post by reedloertscher »

I am a scoutmaster using "Scoutbook" to track our scouts' advancement. I would like to sync the calendar in scoutbook (Ical feed) into the Deacon's Quorum calendar on our ward calendar. I know there is a way to add ical events, but is there a way to import the feed into the lds calendar? This would help me keep both parents of scouts and all the leaders in our ward up to speed on what our schedule is.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: import ics feed into calendar

Post by russellhltn »

No, there's no way to import into the LDS Calendar (that I know of).

One of the issue of trying to do that is even if a import process schedules the events, how would it know what rooms are involved to schedule them?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
reedloertscher

Post by reedloertscher »

Hhmm. It sure would be nice to be able to do so that I wouldn’t have to enter events in both places. The room where an activity would be held would not be that important. Thx
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You can import a batch of events into the LDS.org Calendar if you have editing rights – See "Importing Events" at the bottom of this help page:
https://www.lds.org/help/support/calendar/creating-calendar-events?lang=eng
But there's no way to keep the calendars automatically in sync with each other.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

"In the LDS.org calendar, click Import iCal Files"

Where is that feature found? I'm a stake admin and I can't find it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I can't find it either (though I'm not an editor) – maybe you have to be an admin for the unit's calendars, like the bishop or clerk? Or maybe the instructions are outdated.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:Where is that feature found? I'm a stake admin and I can't find it.
I see it under Settings > Import Events. I'm a ward admin.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:
russellhltn wrote:Where is that feature found? I'm a stake admin and I can't find it.
I see it under Settings > Import Events. I'm a ward admin.
Wow. I screen shot that, composed a message and was just about to post "why can't I see it" when I finally saw that option. Talk about blind....

Return to “Calendar”