Calendar Changes

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Calendar Changes

Post by lajackson »

As best I am able to determine, there is no simple way to figure out when a calendar changes, other than either to carefully go through the calendar again line by line and look for differences, or simply to stumble upon it when the event occurs (or not). Am I missing something?

I thought I had plans for 2018 well in hand, until I stumbled upon a significant change that had been made and, upon closer review, found a number of others. It is a little disconcerting. These particular changes affect a lot of people
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar Changes

Post by russellhltn »

When you say "changes" do you mean edits? Daylight savings? Or something else?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:When you say "changes" do you mean edits? Daylight savings? Or something else?
I mean events moved to different dates.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:I mean events moved to different dates.
I'll interpret that to mean questionable edits.

No, I don't think there is any easy way to do that. You might be able to work something out using the sync URL to remember and detect changes. An alternative is to screen capture and save each month and then compare them from time to time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:
lajackson wrote:I mean events moved to different dates.
I'll interpret that to mean questionable edits.
They were not questionable edits at all. The dates of the events were changed by the organizations, and they felt that those using the calendar would be able to figure out for themselves what changes had been made.

I am trying figure out if there is a way to discover those changes, or if rather an effort should be made to help organizers understand that this these changes will go better if there is some additional communication involved when the changes are made.
bcchristensen

Post by bcchristensen »

This isn’t an ideal solution...more of a workaround, but what I do is set up a Google calendar that syncs with our LDS calendar, and then I’ve got the Google calendar configured to email all changes to me, so any time a new appointment is added, or an existing appointment is changed, I get an email notice.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

bcchristensen wrote:This isn’t an ideal solution...more of a workaround, but what I do is set up a Google calendar that syncs with our LDS calendar, and then I’ve got the Google calendar configured to email all changes to me, so any time a new appointment is added, or an existing appointment is changed, I get an email notice.
It sounds as if that may work for what I am trying to do. I was not aware of those Google capabilities. Thanks.

Return to “Calendar”