Building Duplicated on Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
barwillhansen

Building Duplicated on Calendar

Post by barwillhansen »

Our stake recently went through an alignment change. Since then one of the buildings we use, shows up twice on the stake calendar. How do I remove the building from our stake calendar. As you can see from the attached file we have two Guadalupe or Guadalupe Building available.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Building Duplicated on Calendar

Post by russellhltn »

There's no attachment to your post. Since it sounds like the two are different names, I suspect someone created one of the calendars. Are both of these showing up under "location", or is one under a ward or stake?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
barwillhansen

Post by barwillhansen »

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 6.58.46 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 6.58.46 AM.jpg (44.46 KiB) Viewed 1313 times
They are two different names for the same building. One is named "Guadalupe", and the other named "Guadalupe Building". As one of the admins to the calendar, I cannot find where I am able to delete one of them.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 6.58.46 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 6.58.46 AM.jpg (44.46 KiB) Viewed 1313 times
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you are a stake administrator,
  • In the top right, click the Gear icon. Select "Locations and Rooms"
  • Select a location (on the left)
  • Click "Edit" (Top, Middle column)
  • See if there is a reddish "Remove" button (bottom, middle column).
If there is no button, the location comes from the FM Group's database and can't be deleted.
If there is a button, the location was added by a calendar admin and can be removed.

Again, make sure to move all the events before deleting. Otherwise, when you remove the location, I think all the events connected to it get deleted. Even if they didn't delete, they'd become "homeless" and a future conflict in the making.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
barwillhansen

Post by barwillhansen »

We are able to edit and remove one of these building listings. Unfortunately it is the one we have entered all the information on. I am stumped why I cannot edit and remove both.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

One is the creation of a calendar admin - probably because they didn't have access to the actual building. The other comes from the FM Group's database of buildings and can't be deleted because it's linked to things outside of the calendar system. If the building is shared with other stakes, this is the one that will be shared automatically.

Sorry, but I think you're stuck going though the events one by one and changing them. It's a pain, but it works. Just sit down at a comfortable workstation, with an appropriate refreshment and background noise and plow though it. Odds are, it's not as bad as it seems. If a number of them are repeating, it will go pretty quick.

barwillhansen

Post by barwillhansen »

Thank you for your help. We will select the appropriate one and delete the other, and rebuild on the active one. It sounds like the FM group controls these more than I was aware. Thank You

Return to “Calendar”