Calendar Booking Multiple Events

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
KeBeTay

Calendar Booking Multiple Events

Post by KeBeTay »

It appears as though this has been asked before, but why is the calendar allowing multiple bookings for the same rooms in the same facilities on the same evenings? - Has something changed?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar Booking Multiple Events

Post by russellhltn »

It shouldn't. But there's a lot of things that could happen. Someone could have created a duplicate location. Or, more commonly, the "building scheduler" doesn't understand how "restrictions" work and is surprised when someone is able to schedule an event on top of the restriction.

The only way to make sure a location is set aside for a specific group is to create an "event".

We haven't had any reports of double-booking in some time, but there's always a first.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
KeBeTay

Post by KeBeTay »

I am an idiot - total user error - I am glad to know it is working as it should (it is a monitor color issue on my end) - thanks for the quick response!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

OK, glad to know the a new bug didn't pop up. That can cause a mess.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”