Building Schedulers can edit and delete Stake Presidency Meetings

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Boerney

Building Schedulers can edit and delete Stake Presidency Meetings

Post by Boerney »

Hello,

I have a problem, maybe it is a bug.

We have a Stake Presidency calender on private, only the stake presidendy and stake clerk and executive secretary can view and edit.
My problem is, that the Building Schedulers can view the meeting as a "Private Meeting", that is ok, BUT he can edit and delete the meeting. Is that normal? I mean he can edit the description, the time, the rooms..I think, that is not the purpose of it.
It should be possible to lock the meetings.

Kind regards,
Bjoern
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Building Schedulers can edit and delete Stake Presidency Meetings

Post by russellhltn »

Yes, that's by design. A building scheduler can edit any event taking place at "their" building. Even if it's on a private calendar.

There's a couple of work-arounds. First, you could simply not select a location. If a location is not selected, then no building scheduler can access it. If the meetings are being held in the stake president's office, you may want to consider if you need to coordinate use of his office.

An alternative is to spin off the room as a separate location/building. That way it won't fall under the building scheduler for the stake center. An added advantage is that if someone schedules the "entire location" (entire stake center) it will not impact the rooms in question becomes they're in a different location.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Years ago when I first set up our stake's locations and resources, I created the high council room and the FHC as locations independent from the rest of the stake center, because some folks were creating events for the "entire location". That worked well for a few years, until people complained that they could not find the high council room as a resource within the stake center. Since I have been released, my replacement has deleted the high council room as a location, and created it as a resource within the stake center location. So whichever way you configure it, someone is sure to complain.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
Boerney

Post by Boerney »

ok, thanks for the help

Return to “Calendar”