how to sync ward calendar into google calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
thomasglennhunsaker

how to sync ward calendar into google calendar

Postby thomasglennhunsaker » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:04 pm

Is there a way to sync my lds.org stake calendar into my personal Google calendar?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: how to sync ward calendar into google calendar

Postby russellhltn » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:30 pm

Yes. Click on the gear icon, then "sync". It will give you the instructions and the link to do it. Note that the sync is one-way (Church to Google). You can't edit the church calendar from Google.

Also, it will sync all subscribed calendars - not just the ones you have a checkmark in the check box.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

danaejanis

Postby danaejanis » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:58 pm

In case this is helpful to someone else: If you created a Google calendar by URL and then adjusted your subscriptions on lds.org, you will want to click the "Generate new sync URLs" button and make an entirely new calendar. The original doesn't seem to update to match your new subscription settings after you've slid your sliders into the right places. It may seem obvious but it took me a bit of time to figure it out. ;)

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:48 pm

What I've found is that Google caches the original calendar file and updates it on it's own time table. (About once every 24 hours.) So fiddling with the calendar in Google won't get your updated subscription settings.

By changing the URL, you bypass Google's cache and get a direct "refresh" by fooling Google into thinking it's a different calendar.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “Calendar”