View Calendar Administrators

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dpgriffi

View Calendar Administrators

Post by dpgriffi »

I am the Website Administrator in our Ward and by default I am a Calendar Administrator.
At the Stake Level I have been added as a Stake Calendar Administrator since I now have responsibilities in this area.
When I look at the Administrator Setting within the Calendar, I only see the Ward level Administration options.
What do I need to do to access the Stake Level Calendar Administration area?

I don't see an option to change between roles the same way I can when I look at reports within the LCR; I can switch between ward level details and stake level details in a very straight forward manner.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: View Calendar Administrators

Post by russellhltn »

What are you looking for in the stake calendar? Do you have edit rights to the stake calendars?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dpgriffi

Post by dpgriffi »

I am looking to review the administrators and to help maintain and manage the administrator list at the Stake Level, something I need to continue to do at the ward level as well.

Yes, I can edit the rights to the stake calendars. Currently the Stake manages rights to all stake calendars by making every auxiliary president an administrator of the Stake Calendars, so everyone has access to every calendar, including the few private calendars which have been created.

I have had the Stake Clerk go into the Calendar Settings, Administrator option, and we can see my name and we are confident it has been configured correctly (I am an administrator by name in the Stake Calendar). Have you tried adding an administrator by name to a Stake Calendar, and again adding an administrator by name to a ward calendar, where the administrator in both cases is the same member? You can't do this with a single user, you will need someone with Stake access and a different person with Ward access.

The real question is, once granted access as an administrator to both the stake calendars and ward calendars, how do you select the view or environment you would like to work in. I can only see the Ward Administrator environment ... I need to be able to administrate both.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

I can't find it in the current help system but the old calendar help (as quoted in this post) stated that only default administrators can add or remove other administrators. I believe that is still true. You can view the administrator list at the ward level because you hold the Website Administrator calling which gives you default administrator rights. In the stake calendar you have been added as an administrator by name and as such you are not a default stake administrator and can't change stake administrators (but you should be able to create and delete calendars and all other administrator functions).

I think you would have to have a stake calling with default administrator rights (stake website administrator or a stake clerk) to get access to that ability.

However, changing administrators should be a very rare occurrence especially if you add them by calling. I wouldn't think it wouldn't really be much of a problem to have the Stake Clerk made changes when it is necessary.

Return to “Calendar”