editing activities on the calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
goodog

Re: editing activities on the calendar

Post by goodog »

There has been on solution for this problem yet. I do think we are having problems because the stake President only wants one person to calendar a facility. One for the stake center, another one for the ward building, another one for the park and so we have 5 people that calendar the facility and no one else can calendar the facility or cross calendar each others facility. So the facility are turned off and i call it the double calendar system. you calendar for your ward calendar then call the facility calendar person and have them calendar the facility. But that is just my personal oppinan and i can not back it up or support it with anything.
Gary
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

goodog wrote:I do think we are having problems because the stake President only wants one person to calendar a facility.
Yes, that will cause problems.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
casper684

Post by casper684 »

I have a question that I can't seem to find addressed about editing. Specifically when someone with rights edits an
entry it is my understanding that they are now listed as the person putting the entry in in the left hand corner? I am a ward webmaster AND
Stake Building scheduler. At the beginning of a month I review the calendar for the building and contact people
with questions about their entry. Some have been there a long time and the person that put it in is no longer
in that calling. It is my understanding that it can be edited by the new person (with rights) in the calling and then their
contact info would appear in the left corner. I do not made changes to their entries because then my
contact info appears in left corner and that is not part of my calling. Even though sometimes it's a simple thing
as allowing additional time for set up to allow for filling the font for a baptism.

I have not seen this question addressed anywhere. Also I try to encourage schedulers to put contact info in description
especially if they have rights to schedule event but not actually in charge of event. Otherwise, they will be
receiving calls or emails about the event.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Yes, your understanding is correct. The "contact" for the event according to the LDS.org Calendar is the most recent person to touch the event (create or edit).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Calendar”