Calendar sharing

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
taylorconti

Calendar sharing

Post by taylorconti »

I have a small problem with sharing my calendar to google calender. When I view my calender from the Lds website, it is customized and looks exactly how I want it. However, when I import it to google calendars,google calendars adds different activities that I do not have selected. Am I doing something wrong or is there a fix for this?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar sharing

Post by aebrown »

taylorconti wrote:I have a small problem with sharing my calendar to google calender. When I view my calender from the Lds website, it is customized and looks exactly how I want it. However, when I import it to google calendars,google calendars adds different activities that I do not have selected. Am I doing something wrong or is there a fix for this?
Note that syncing your calendar to Google Calendar (or to any other calendar) will include every calendar to which you are SUBSCRIBED. But when you are viewing calendars on LDS.org, you'll see a list of all the calendars to which you are subscribed, but you might not have all the checkboxes checked. In that case, you'll see only the calendars for which you have CHECKED the boxes. Checking or unchecking the boxes has no effect on what gets synced -- only subscribing and unsubscribing does.

I'd advise you to research the events that you see on your Google Calendar that you are not seeing in LDS.org. My guess is that those activities are on calendars you have subscribed to, but do not have checked in the main calendar view on LDS.org. If so, the fix is for you to unsubscribe from the calendars that you don't want synced to your Google Calendar.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

taylorconti wrote:Calendar sharing
Just a reminder of what's printed on the Calendar's sync URL page:

"This URL is provided for your own personal use. It should not be shared with anyone else."

Also be aware that anything you are not subscribed to will not show up on the main page nor in LDS Tools. The subscription limits all of your views of the calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
popydude

Post by popydude »

When I try to view my ward calendar on LDS tools, all I get is the general conference dates, nothing for my ward or stake, I am subscribed but it is not showing up?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

popydude wrote:When I try to view my ward calendar on LDS tools, all I get is the general conference dates, nothing for my ward or stake, I am subscribed but it is not showing up?
When you go to the lds.org calendar page, what do you see? It's possible your ward/stake isn't using the calendar to plan/enter events.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”