Default calendar when creating a new event

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.

Default calendar when creating a new event

Postby kylepettit » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:42 pm

I am the exec sec for the ward. The bishop and I share a private calendar. When either of us create a new calendar event, the first time during that session, the calendar defaults to a calendar that is not the one we want defaulted. Is there a way to force what the default calendar is per person? 1-2 times I have created personal entries, and it tagged it to the default calendar. I know I need to be more vigilant, but it would be great if I could force my default to be this particular private calendar instead of the one its defaulting too. I do notice if I create additional calendar items, it recalls the last one used for that session. A suggestion is to always remember the last calendar you created an event for persistantly between sessions (maybe a cookie), or to allow this as a profile default. I would prefer the profile default, as then the setting would follow me, and not be browser or machine specific.

Thanks in advance!

Return to “Calendar”