New Calendar Version as of this morning 23 Oct 2015

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ELHawkes

New Calendar Version as of this morning 23 Oct 2015

Post by ELHawkes »

Well, as far as basic access to the online calendar with out it freezing with in a few seconds, creating events, and the events seem to sync with LDS tools, I'm really happy that our stake can access the calendar again. :)

A couple of things I have noticed is that when using Internet Explorer, the colored building Icons don't show up on events that have indicated church facility usage.
They do with Chrome.
Also when creating an event with IE and indicating church facility usage, the setup/cleanup time boxes are already populated with "None"
When using Chrome, those two boxes are not already populated, they are just blank.
ELHawkes

Re: New Calendar Version as of this morning 23 Oct 2015

Post by ELHawkes »

ELHawkes wrote:Well, as far as basic access to the online calendar with out it freezing with in a few seconds, creating events, and the events seem to sync with LDS tools, I'm really happy that our stake can access the calendar again. :)

A couple of things I have noticed is that when using Internet Explorer, the colored building Icons don't show up on events that have indicated church facility usage.
They do with Chrome.
Also when creating an event with IE and indicating church facility usage, the setup/cleanup time boxes are already populated with "None"
When using Chrome, those two boxes are not already populated, they are just blank.
In the above comments, I was using Samsung Chromebook running chrome OS. In using IE at home and church today, everything worked fine that I can see.

I have also noticed today that when using a Samsung Chromebook which I do most of the time, running chrome OS, that when I click on a date to open up the create event, and then select a facility and a building, that the setup/cleanup time boxes are Blank. Also if you click on an event that already has values in the setup/cleanup time boxes and you go in to edit that event the setup/cleanup time boxes now show None, instead of the setup/cleanup times that had already been chosen.

I found that if I use chrome on windows machine, everything works fine for creating and editing an event both at home and at church.

So the only issues I can still see is when using a Chromebook.
ELHawkes

Post by ELHawkes »

ELHawkes wrote: A couple of things I have noticed is that when using Internet Explorer, the colored building Icons don't show up on events that have indicated church facility usage.
I found that this must be an issue with IE due to being on my work computer that is behind a number of firewalls that filter a lot of things. IE works fine on all other computers I have tested with.

I also noticed that Chrome on my android phone acts the same way as Chrome on my Samsung Chromebook as I have described in the previous post when it comes to creating and editing events.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ELHawkes wrote:I also noticed that Chrome on my android phone acts the same way as Chrome on my Samsung Chromebook as I have described in the previous post when it comes to creating and editing events.
What version? When I read you had trouble with your Chromebook, I tried it on my Nexus 7 running Android 5.1.1 and it worked just fine.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ELHawkes

Post by ELHawkes »

On my phone,
Chrome version 46.0.2490.76
Android version 5.1.1 Cyanogen OS version 12.1-YOG4PAS2QL

Chromebook is:
version 45.0.2454.86
Platform 7262.52.0 (Offical Build) stable-channel daisy
Firmware Google_Snow.2695.117.0

Since the browser for Chromebook is built in, I don't see a separate specific version number.
ELHawkes

Post by ELHawkes »

I put some screenshots here of how things look when using the Chromebook.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

One screenshot is of an:
initial event create. (setup/cleanup fields blank)
event edit. (setup/cleanup fields "None" even though they are actually specified)
popup of event showing the setup/cleanup
ELHawkes

Post by ELHawkes »

I can report tonight that it looks like the things I have described in the prior posts when using the Chromebook and Chrome on my Android phone are all working properly now when creating and editing events in regard to the setup/cleanup fields.
Thanks again for everyone who works hard in the support of these tools, it is much appreciated.
Larry
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

The problem with setup/cleanup times was fixed yesterday. (Oct 27)

Return to “Calendar”