- I edited the event to change it to the desired calendar; but when I try to save, it reverts back to the edit screen without saving anything.
- If I do the preceding step and then extend the date slightly, it does save the extended date, but doesn't save it to the desired calendar. Instead, it keeps it in the wrong calendar.
Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
I created a repeating event and accidentally saved it into the wrong calendar. There are two issues:
What about making it a non-repeating event, saving it, and then change the calendar?
russellhltn wrote:What about making it a non-repeating event, saving it, and then change the calendar?
That worked, but in a quirky way, as follows:
- I changed the first event in the series to not repeat and changed it to the desired calendar and saved. This moved the single event into the desired calendar.
- For some reason, when I made the first event non-repeating, all following events remained in the calendar. I'm not sure if they remained linked to the first event, which is now non-repeating.
- I manually deleted the subsequent events, but selected only following events because I wasn't sure if the first event (now non-repeating) was still connected to the subsequent events.
- Then, I extended my first event to repeat for the duration.
smconvey wrote:I changed the first event in the series to not repeat and changed it to the desired calendar and saved.
I would have saved between the two steps.
russellhltn wrote:I would have saved between the two steps.
Haha, is that an indicator of your faith in the system?
I don't know for sure how the back end is organized - but I'd play it safe. The very fact it didn't want to just change calendars in the first place would have told to to tread lightly. Switching to single-event AND moving calendars in one shot strikes me as more complex then moving a multi-event to a new calendar.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest