Unable to delete calendar items

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
deanwrites

Unable to delete calendar items

Post by deanwrites »

I'm unable to delete a recurring calendar item that I set up a few months ago. I'm still showing as an administrator in the calendar system.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dean
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Unable to delete calendar items

Post by russellhltn »

There's 3 different ways: Right-click delete, Left-click delete, and left-click edit delete. Are all of them broken?

Any possibility that it's an event in a calendar system you don't have admin access to? (Stake admins can't edit ward events.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
deanwrites

Post by deanwrites »

Yes, all three methods are broken.

I've changed it in the past when the person in charge of the event relinquished one or more rooms to someone else, so it started out as something I could change and somewhere along the way the rights to it updated so that I'm no longer able to edit it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

deanwrites wrote:I've changed it in the past when the person in charge of the event relinquished one or more rooms to someone else, so it started out as something I could change and somewhere along the way the rights to it updated so that I'm no longer able to edit it.
Ah, it's probably on a calendar you don't have rights to and you had Building Scheduler rights so you could change it. There was a glitch a few weeks back where Building Schedulers lost rights. It's been fixed, but someone would have to add you back in.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

If Russell is right, and you have lost your meetinghouse calendar editing privileges, you need to contact someone who can restore them. If not, then this may be a problem with recurring events. When I have had such issues, I first change the recurring event to a non-recurring event, and then delete it.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
deanwrites

Post by deanwrites »

Thank you both for your responses. So the fact that I'm still able to edit and delete other scheduling items doesn't mean that I still have rights? Does that mean that there is somewhere other than in the administrator section where I need to be added?

Thanks,

Dean
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

And administrator can create and edit items for the unit he/she is an administrator of. For example. a stake administrator can edit and change things on any stake-level calendar - but cannot edit anything on a ward-level calendar.

A building scheduler can edit any event taking place at a building he/she is the scheduler for, regardless of what calendar it was on.

I suspect you were both an admin (or editor) and a building scheduler, but you lost the building scheduler rights, so you can no longer edit some events. If I'm correct, a Stake Administrator will have to add you back in as a building scheduler under "locations". Depending on your rights, you might be able to do that yourself. Otherwise, you'll need a member of the stake presidency, stake clerk or stake executive secretary to do it.

deanwrites

Post by deanwrites »

Thanks, Russell--that's exactly what I needed. I was able to add myself back in under the location and it's all squared away now.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

deanwrites wrote:Thank you both for your responses. So the fact that I'm still able to edit and delete other scheduling items doesn't mean that I still have rights? Does that mean that there is somewhere other than in the administrator section where I need to be added?
When I was in the stake presidency (sec & clerk) I was a default administrator for all stake calendars, but I did not have meetinghouse scheduler privileges until I added myself as a meetinghouse scheduler. I sort of had to do that because our called meetinghouse schedulers were often not sure how to remove restrictions for a particular date that the stake needed for a stake event.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Calendar”