Building Scheduler - access gone

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
drepouille

Re: Building Scheduler - access gone

Post by drepouille »

russellhltn wrote:One work around is to have a stake calendar administrator do it. They can add themselves as a building scheduler and then make the restriction change before someone "looks" and knocks them out.
Hey, that does work. Thanks for the tip, Russell.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
scrapsue

Post by scrapsue »

Did anyone send this problem in now that our trusted calendar computer whiz is back from vacation? Is anyone fixed?

Susan
Stake Building Scheduler
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Well, it's not quite after lunch at CHQ. And while the return email indicated he'd return today, someone else said tomorrow.

Having been in IT awhile, I'd rather see it fixed "right" than "fast". You can't imagine what kind of higgledy-piggledy can result from "fast".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RyanCMerrill

Post by RyanCMerrill »

Same for me... Building Scheduler access is gone and event details (contact information for individual who created the event) are not displaying... Any word on when/if there is resolution to this issue?
smconvey

Post by smconvey »

This is still a problem. This is significant because it prevents building schedulers from doing what they've been assigned to do. I called local unit support to report this. To get this addressed quickly, they said to do the following:
  1. Login to the calendar.
  2. Select the gear icon near the upper right corner of the screen.
  3. Select “Locations and rooms”
  4. Near the bottom of the screen, select the “Feedback” link.
  5. Report this issue in the resulting form.
Here’s what I reported:
I'm the Stake Website Administrator for my stake. Recently, all building schedulers in my stake were deleted from the Calendar's "Locations and rooms" menu/settings area. As a result, I've been getting calls from my building schedulers saying they no longer have access. I tried to add them back and save, but when I exit and immediately return to the "Locations and rooms" menu, the have all been deleted. Also, they no longer show up you select a building from the left panel in the main calendar. This is a problem for other stakes as well as evidenced by this thread at LDSTech:
https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=22432
If you don’t have access to the “Locations and rooms” menu item, please report it from the main calendar view using the same “Feedback" link near the bottom of the page.
Last edited by smconvey on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

smconvey wrote:This is still a problem. This is significant because it prevents building schedulers from doing what they've been assigned to do.
Reservations, yes. but the actual scheduling of events and reserving of rooms works just fine.

The imminent return of the Calendar programmer is turning out to be one of the highlights of the year so far. I hope he enjoyed his vacation. [smile]
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

smconvey wrote:I tried to add them back and save, but when I exit and immediately return to the "Locations and rooms" menu, the have all been deleted.
The "immediately return" step is the cause of the problem. If you simply add them, click Save, and return to the calendar view, your building schedulers should have their access restored. Each time an administrator such as yourself clicks "Locations and Rooms" all building schedulers are deleted again.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
smconvey

Post by smconvey »

drepouille wrote:The "immediately return" step is the cause of the problem. If you simply add them, click Save, and return to the calendar view, your building schedulers should have their access restored. Each time an administrator such as yourself clicks "Locations and Rooms" all building schedulers are deleted again.
How can you be sure? When I check by selecting a building in the main calendar view, no building schedulers are listed -- even the ones I recently added.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

smconvey wrote:How can you be sure?
Because we've tried it. If I add myself in as a Building Scheduler, then I see the options a Building Scheduler can see. I've even made and deleted a restriction. But when I go back to look at who is the Building Scheduler for a location, I see nothing and my access is gone.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
smconvey

Post by smconvey »

russellhltn wrote:Because we've tried it. If I add myself in as a Building Scheduler, then I see the options a Building Scheduler can see. I've even made and deleted a restriction. But when I go back to look at who is the Building Scheduler for a location, I see nothing and my access is gone.
You're right (I just tried it myself). Thanks.

Return to “Calendar”