Building Scheduler - access gone

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Building Scheduler - access gone

Post by russellhltn »

dshep2020 wrote:Oh man...I didn't realize that the calendar development staff was down that low.
Yeah, I thought it was double that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

russellhltn wrote: Yeah, I thought it was double that.
Ha (I think you were making a joke there!...at least I took it that way.) Is this a case where the calendar is in maintenance mode and the church's other developers have been moved to other more pressing projects? I am obviously speculating because of curiosity and not being critical of anything.

I was hopeful that 3.0 would be released within my stake calling timeframe, but with only one dev, that may not be anytime soon.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dshep2020 wrote:
russellhltn wrote: Yeah, I thought it was double that.
Ha (I think you were making a joke there!...at least I took it that way.)
Only kind of. I'm not sure how many, but I know it is small. I know names for two of them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dodom

Post by dodom »

Anyone find out what is going on with this? I've called and also reported via website, but have yet to hear back from anyone and my building schedulers still cannot schedule.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

The response I receive yesterday to my Feedback request from 8 days ago was that this is a known problem, and it will be corrected as soon as possible.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
dodom

Post by dodom »

ok, thanks
thegodfrey4

Post by thegodfrey4 »

My understanding from all the posts, since I posted the original query, is that there is only 1 person who handles the calendar development and that person has been on vacation since the glitch happened. They will be back mid week and then will need to see what is causing the glitch and then fix it. I am not looking for a fix until next week at the earliest. We've managed to work around it in my building. Each Ward still has access and can schedule their own events in the building. The only thing that is presenting a challenge is ,me as the building scheduler, not being able to change restrictions on our basic rotating schedule. If one ward trades a night with another ward- they are having to use email and word of mouth to get the changes to everyone.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

The other option is to create an event using a "Not a Church Facility" as the location, but then enter the meetinghouse name.

It won't reserve the location, but it will still advertise and notify members of the event.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
thegodfrey4

Post by thegodfrey4 »

Great Idea!!! Thanks for the tip!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

thegodfrey4 wrote:Each Ward still has access and can schedule their own events in the building.
As can the stake calendar editors.

thegodfrey4 wrote:The only thing that is presenting a challenge is ,me as the building scheduler, not being able to change restrictions on our basic rotating schedule. If one ward trades a night with another ward- they are having to use email and word of mouth to get the changes to everyone.
One work around is to have a stake calendar administrator do it. They can add themselves as a building scheduler and then make the restriction change before someone "looks" and knocks them out.

Personally, I think restrictions are overrated. Apparently we've been running without restrictions at the stake center that hosts 3 wards for some time. The calendar editors know the rules and follow them.

Return to “Calendar”