Google Calendar showing Private Calendars to members

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
justusmitchells

Google Calendar showing Private Calendars to members

Post by justusmitchells »

I have an old stake clerk that can still see our private calendars in his google calendars. We thought this was fixed, but he notified me this week he can see meetings he should not be privy to. His new role as of nearly 3 years ago is not a Stake role. I've reported this before and someone helped me walk him through the process. He is an IT guy with technical understanding (unlike myself), but he cannot get the calendar to quit syncing in his google calendar.

Please advise. Troy
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Google Calendar showing Private Calendars to members

Post by russellhltn »

The first thing is to check and be sure he doesn't have access to that calendar by name. I believe that's the default if he was the one to create the calendar.

Secondly, I thought that bug was fixed, but I believe he has to log into the calendar at lds.org to get that to reset. While he's there' he should review his subscriptions for good measure. If the calendar appears in his subscriptions for selection, then he still has access somehow.

Let me know if he still has that problem after looking at his subscriptions.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
justusmitchells

Re: Google Calendar showing Private Calendars to members

Post by justusmitchells »

did all that last time, he has no access, he updated his subscriptions. The fix is still a bug.

Return to “Calendar”