Who the point of contact is for a calendar event

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jaunty30

Who the point of contact is for a calendar event

Post by jaunty30 »

Does anyone know how to make a suggestion to the people about such items on editing a calendar? I think it would be a great idea for the Bishopric, ward clerks, website administrator, or anyone who has the responsibility of adding events to the calendar to have the capability of assigning whomever the contact should be on the calendar for the event. This suggestion is due to when a person adds an event on the calendar, it makes that specific person adding the event the person of contact on the calendar on lds.org and on LDS Tools. I am in charge of putting the events on the calendar for my ward, but I don't want to be contacted by a lot of people at once if they want more information about the event when I'm unable to be contacted or unable to provide the necessary information.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Who the point of contact is for a calendar event

Post by jdlessley »

jaunty30 wrote:Does anyone know how to make a suggestion to the people about such items on editing a calendar? I think it would be a great idea for the Bishopric, ward clerks, website administrator, or anyone who has the responsibility of adding events to the calendar to have the capability of assigning whomever the contact should be on the calendar for the event.
Use the feedback link found at the bottom of the Calendar page.

This topic has been discussed at length in a few threads. Search the forum for topics. I used the key words "calendar event contact" and found many of the threads.

[Moderator note: This thread was split from the Calendar items can't always be edited thread because the topics are different. Please follow the Code of Conduct and "Do not start a new topic in an existing thread; instead start a new thread."]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

The official way to make suggestions for any of the lds.org tools is by using the Feedback link at the bottom of any lds.org page.

This particular idea has been suggested and discussed in the forums multiple times in the past. One of the more recent threads can be found here: Change Contact for event?
scrapsue

Post by scrapsue »

You don’t need to make a suggestion your question has been answered for you already!! When you log in to the calendar at the top along the right you see these cute little figures one of them is a ?.
Click in the ? it will take you to a Calendar help page.
Go to the section titled Help For Auxiliary Leads and Calendar Editors.
Look for – Creating Events Last Updated 21 April 2015
1st page in the section titled – Creating A One-Time Event
#2. …………………”If you are creating an event for another person, consider including that person’s name and contact information in the description in case there are questions about the event. “

Susan

Return to “Calendar”