Ward Annual History Calendar Question

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Hilohi

Ward Annual History Calendar Question

Post by Hilohi »

On the ward annual history calendar, should I added general Church events (i.e. General Conference, First Presidency's Christmas Devotional, etc.) and stake events (i.e. stake conference, youth conference, stake Primary activities) that pertain to our ward, or should I add just ward-specific events?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Ward Annual History Calendar Question

Post by aebrown »

Hilohi wrote:On the ward annual history calendar, should I added general Church events (i.e. General Conference, First Presidency's Christmas Devotional, etc.) and stake events (i.e. stake conference, youth conference, stake Primary activities) that pertain to our ward, or should I add just ward-specific events?
I would recommend that you consult with your stake clerk on this question. There's no particular policy or recommendation from the Church in this regard.

When I was a stake clerk responsible for compiling the stake history, I asked wards to limit the calendars in their histories to just ward events. Then in the stake history I included a calendar that listed only stake events. Although it's certainly true that wards participate in the stake activities, and their participation can certainly be included in the ward history, I found that if each ward included all the stake events in their calendar, then each ward calendar became needlessly cluttered and duplicative. It was much cleaner to keep the ward and stake calendars distinct. But that was how our stake did it; other stakes may certainly make different choices.

Return to “Calendar”