Unable to Un-Subscribe from calendars

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
shapirobh

Unable to Un-Subscribe from calendars

Post by shapirobh »

I am on the high council in our stake. Last year I was assigned to a ward in the stake, and as part of this assignment I subscribed to several calendars in this ward. I then setup the lds.org calendar to sync with my google calendar. Because the calendar has bee syncing with my google calendar, I don't ever look at the calendar on lds.org.

I received a new assignment and wanted to un-subscribe from the calendars so I logged into my lds.org account and went to the calendar section. At this point I can't see any calendars that are not my home ward calendars or stake calendars. I am unable to view the events for the other ward on lds.org. I decided that it could be a recent change, so I changed the sync url and disconnected the calendar from my google account. I then re-connected the calendar to the google account and all of the ward events showed up even though I couldn't see them on lds.org.

Since the calendars won't show up on lds.org, how do I un-subscribe from them now? Any help would be appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Unable to Un-Subscribe from calendars

Post by russellhltn »

shapirobh wrote:I received a new assignment and wanted to un-subscribe from the calendars
Are you still a High Councilor, or has that changed?

I'm trying to figure out if you should still be able to see the ward calendars in the subscription area or not. I could be wrong, but I'd think your ability to see the ward's calendar was based on being a high councilor and not because of your assignment to that ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

What about the possibilty an out of unit member record was created in the ward you had been assigned? But now that you are no longer assigned to that ward the out of unit record was cancelled? Having an out of unit record would have given you access to the ward calendars. Without an out of unit record in the ward may be the reason you do not now have access, at least on LDS.org. I can't speak to the anomalous continued access through synchronizing on Google Calendar.

But if access to the ward calendars was because of an out of unit record in the ward, then temporarily creating it again to gain access to unsubscribe may be the way to go to solve the problem.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
shapirobh

Post by shapirobh »

Prior to being on the High Council, I was the Stake Executive Secretary. I believe that I linked the ward calendar before the computer system was updated to show that I was no longer Secretary. Now I don't have access to the calendar, but can't unsubscribe to it.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

What page are you going on to subscribe and unsubscribe? High councilors and stake presidency members are normally able to subscribe and unsubscribe from calendars. There are two ways to subscribe and unsubscribe:
1) On the LDS.org Calendar, by using the >> button to expand the left pane that lists the calendars. When it expands, it should show all available calendars.
2) In the LDS Tools app (these are instructions for iOS, Android should be similar), go to the calendar, then click "Calendars" in the top right corner, then click "Subscriptions" in the lower right corner.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
shapirobh

Post by shapirobh »

I have tried to access the subscriptions from both locations (LDS.org and the LDS Tools app). In both cases, it doesn't show me the calendars for the non-home ward.

On LDS.org, I am able to press the >> button, and I see all of the wards listed, but when I select the ward I get an empty list.

On LDS Tools, I just get my home ward calendars and the stake calendars.

So I am still left with no solution for unsubscribing from the other wards calendars.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

A solution will be coming soon. It's a known problem. They're trying to stamp out the new bugs before deploying the new version.

I have not been told, but I suspect the underlying problem is changing access to calendars based on a changed calling (without moving wards) isn't triggering a "reset" of sync access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

It appears you had access to all calendars in the stake and wards as the stake executive secretary (a stake leader). I am guessing that it is what you did as Executive Secretary that has locked you into unwanted access. But now as a high councilor you only have access to the stake and your own ward.

The solution I see is that you send feedback to the Calendar folks and ask them to unsubscribe for you, or wait for them to release the new version, which may take care of it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:or wait for them to release the new version, which may take care of it.
I'm told "early this week".

Return to “Calendar”