Can't create any events

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't create any events

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:Relief Society presidents are not administrators of the LDS.org Calendar, by default. If your bishopric would like to add her as a calendar administrator, a bishopric member or clerk can go to the calendar settings and add her by calling.
One does not need to be an administrator to add an event. A editor of a calendar is sufficient. And since administrators have all-power over the entire ward calendar system, I'd question the need of any RS President to be administrator.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
misspam

Post by misspam »

I am also a RS Pres. I have been able to create calendar events in the past. Now, suddenly I can't AND the whole RS calendar with all the events we had previously created has disappeared. My husband (YM 2nd Counselor) had his Deacon's calendar disappear too. It's not like we are new to this. Is there a recent update that reset everything or something? Has anyone who has posted before had a successful resolution?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

misspam wrote:I am also a RS Pres. I have been able to create calendar events in the past. Now, suddenly I can't AND the whole RS calendar with all the events we had previously created has disappeared.
I'd check your subscriptions and see if somehow you became unsubscribed. If that's not it, check with the bishopric to see if they did something.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

It is interesting that your ward has found a need for a Deacons Quorum calendar. Many units just have one calendar for all YM/YW events, since many of their events are combined activities.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
misspam

Post by misspam »

drepouille wrote:It is interesting that your ward has found a need for a Deacons Quorum calendar. Many units just have one calendar for all YM/YW events, since many of their events are combined activities.
Basically, there was a Deacon's Quorum calendar because none of the other YM leaders were utilizing the calendar at all, so he just managed the scout and YM activities for his group so parents knew what was going on.
Last edited by misspam on Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
misspam

Post by misspam »

russellhltn wrote:
misspam wrote:I am also a RS Pres. I have been able to create calendar events in the past. Now, suddenly I can't AND the whole RS calendar with all the events we had previously created has disappeared.
I'd check your subscriptions and see if somehow you became unsubscribed. If that's not it, check with the bishopric to see if they did something.
Done both, subscriptions to other calendars don't even show up. Bishopric/clerks didn't do anything and seemed to have no idea what I was talking about - I don't imagine it could have happened accidentally.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I don't see anyone else complaining, so it seems to be an isolated issue. There was a fix pushed out Friday that may have fixed an issue where people were still subscribed to calendars they should no longer have access to and were unable to edit their subscriptions.

The calendars you were using didn't carry over from a ward split, did they?

Return to “Calendar”