Right click function does not work

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Right click function does not work

Post by aebrown »

dshep2020 wrote:Post v2.7.5, Right click on an existing event and selecting Copy Event or Delete Event does not function. Copy Event doesn't allow you to paste it. Delete Event does nothing.
This discussion hasn't yet mentioned whether the menu options are enabled. If that's too obvious, I apologize, but for those who may be following this discussion, I would note that the right-click menu will always appear when you right click on a calendar event, but the options will only be enabled if you have edit permissions for that event.

The enabled menu looks like this:
rcenabled.png
rcenabled.png (2.46 KiB) Viewed 1137 times
And the disabled menu looks like this:
rcdisabled.png
rcdisabled.png (3.05 KiB) Viewed 1137 times
Is the Copy Event option enabled when you try to use it?
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

Yeah, it is enabled. Aebrown, is it working properly for you?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dshep2020 wrote:Yeah, it is enabled. Aebrown, is it working properly for you?
Yes. I can copy, paste, and delete using the right-click menu.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

I can't figure out why this is a problem for me and/or the systems I am using. I know it is not a major bug, but it is bugging me that I can't figure it out! I even tried my wife's account thinking that it may be possibly linked to some permissions issues. Same issue.

Any other suggestions on how to diagnose? I have tried removing all extensions from browsers, different networks, browsers and OS. Kind of at a loss.

Mind you, this was working at the beginning of the year.

Here are systems/browsers/networks that I have tried:

CenturyLink DSL with Apple Airport Wifi, OpenDNS for DNS with content filtering
Windows 7 desktop wired- IE11, Firefox, Chrome
Mac OSX 10.10 iMac wired - Safari, Chrome
Fresh Windows 7 build VM (Using Fusion on OS X) wired- IE11 fresh download
Windows 7 laptop - IE11, Chrome
Mac OSX 10.10 on Macbook Pro on wifi - Safari, Chrome
iPad 3rd Gen on wifi - Safari

MiFi Network (Verizon)
Windows 7 laptop on wifi- IE11, Chrome
Mac OSX 10.10 macbook pro on wifi - Safari, Chrome

Work Network (T1 through Cisco Pix firewall)
Windows 7 laptop - IE11, Chrome
Windows 7 VDI at corporate DC in North Carolina - IE11, Chrome
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dshep2020 wrote:I even tried my wife's account thinking that it may be possibly linked to some permissions issues. Same issue.
Well, maybe we should look harder at that. I'm a STS so I'm a default admin on the stake calender. aebrown is a default admin on his ward calendars. What is your permission level? Perhaps it's not turning on for people for are simply editors?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

OK, I see you are a "Stake Building Scheduler". So, you may or may not have edit rights to any calendar. If you do, someone had to add permissions at some point.

In doing some more testing, I'm finding that right-click functions are disabled on the location calendar. What calendar are your events located on?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

russellhltn wrote:OK, I see you are a "Stake Building Scheduler". So, you may or may not have edit rights to any calendar. If you do, someone had to add permissions at some point.
I have edit rights on our two main stake calendars. One official "stake" calendar and one we call the "resource" calendar which has all the events that are not church related. (receptions, out of stake reservations, family activities)
I am also the ward website administrator and have edit on all the ward calendars. There are four there.
russellhltn wrote:In doing some more testing, I'm finding that right-click functions are disabled on the location calendar. What calendar are your events located on?
I primarily schedule on the stake resource calendar. So that is where I mainly tested. I also tried on a couple of the ward calendars and same results. I also tried on the location calendar just for giggles and yes, I see that you can't even select copy event or delete event there.

Is there a way I can see if the code associated with clicking on the right click menu is even working or if there is an error? Would browser plugin like bugzilla or chrome developer mode catch the error? Sorry don't have much experience doing that sort of thing.

Return to “Calendar”