Can't edit any events

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Can't edit any events

Post by aebrown »

Joshua001 wrote:Hi! I have the same problem I can't create events and also edit events for that matter.
If you can't create events, then I really don't think this is the same problem as I was experiencing. Mine was due to a software bug, which has since been corrected. I was always able to create events, but was not able to edit them while the bug existed.

If you can't create events, then chances are that you are not actually designated as an editor for any of your ward's calendars. You should check with a calendar administrator (such as your ward clerk) to make sure that you are listed as a calendar editor, either by name, or by virtue of a standard calling that you have.
Joshua001 wrote:Kindly address the matter we need to plot the activities for this year.
You need to work with your clerk to make sure that everything is set up correctly with your calendar. I'm pretty confident that will fix your issue. There's nothing that other forum members can do to fix your ward's calendar setup. If you can't create events after you've been added as a calendar editor to at least one calendar, then report back here exactly what is happening and we'll see if we can give you some guidance.
bcchristensen

Post by bcchristensen »

I'm experiencing the same issue reported in this thread. I don't know if a new bug has surfaced, or if the original bug wasn't fully resolved, but it's happening to me. I open an existing repeating event, make a change and when I click on "Update Event" I get the error, "We were unable to process your request due to invalid data. Please check all fields and try again."

I don't even have to make a change to get the error. If I just open the repeating event and then click on "Update Event" without changing anything, I still get the error.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Is it happening on every event you try to edit, or just a specific one?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:Is it happening on every event you try to edit, or just a specific one?
Or just all repeating events?

Even if you didn't change it, I would carefully examine the data, particularly the date/times. I remember bugs in the past where the date/time would default to values that didn't work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

Currently for a repeating events associated with a building, you probably cannot update that event for the entire series. It just returns to the create screen. We have that on our hot list to fix. Also, in some cases when you update an event, the setup and cleanup times are going blank and that may be causing problems. We hope to have that fixed soon too.

Dave Crockett - calendar product manager

Return to “Calendar”