default month stuck

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
2gerolyn

default month stuck

Post by 2gerolyn »

Each time I open my calendar on lds.org, it defaults to June. How can I get it to open on today's month?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: default month stuck

Post by russellhltn »

Check the date on your computer. And while you're at it, make sure the time ZONE is set correctly. The calendar uses that to adjust the events to "your time".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
2gerolyn

Post by 2gerolyn »

Time zone and date are set correctly. It's interesting because when I click "Today" (which is next to June 2015) it goes straight to today's date. Hmmmm
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I did a test before posting - I set my date forward a month and then opened the calendar. It went right to the date that was on my computer. It's possible that "today" uses the server date.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
2gerolyn

Post by 2gerolyn »

OK, now I am going to show my computer illiteracy. Is the "server" date different than the date on my calendar? I set my computer date forward a month and then opened the calendar. It still went to June 2015.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

2gerolyn wrote:I set my computer date forward a month and then opened the calendar. It still went to June 2015.
What happens when you click "today" with the computer set ahead?

And can you duplicate the original problem in another browser or computer?

2gerolyn

Post by 2gerolyn »

When I click "today" with the computer set ahead...it goes to the new date.
I opened the calendar on my husband's computer under my name...and it defaulted to January 2015. So I am guessing there is a wrong setting on my computer, but I have no idea how to fix it. Any suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

At this point, my best guess is it's something in the browser cookies that is doing it. I'd suggest clearing the cookies.

2gerolyn

Post by 2gerolyn »

Clearing the cookies did the trick. Thank you for your patience and help!

Return to “Calendar”