Building Schedulers Cannot Schedule Locations

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
bursellj

Building Schedulers Cannot Schedule Locations

Post by bursellj »

Previous to the calendar update we had all locations setup so that they could not be directly scheduled by members when creating an event and all building reservations had to occur through the building scheduler. It worked fine for several years, with the building schedulers entering restrictions for the buildings.

Since the new calendar "upgrade" none of my building schedulers have been able to schedule or even see the locations set up in the LDS Calendar. Additionally, when I logged in to the calendar, as the Stake Clerk, I could schedule, but on the main calendar screen I had no locations listed on the left had column of the screen. I read a suggestion that if I went into my locations and ticked the box that allows ward and stakes to schedule, then the locations appeared in my left hand column. My Stake Presidency prefers to have all scheduling done through the building scheduler, is there no way to accomplish not allowing wards/stakes to directly schedule but still allow the building schedulers to schedule? Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Building Schedulers Cannot Schedule Locations

Post by russellhltn »

bursellj wrote:My Stake Presidency prefers to have all scheduling done through the building scheduler, is there no way to accomplish not allowing wards/stakes to directly schedule but still allow the building schedulers to schedule?
I don't know of a way to do that in this version. I'm not sure if that's by design or a oversight.

You could create a stake calendar for the buildings, but: there's no automation protecting against double-booking. And it would be easy for the reservations to get out of sync with the actual events as things get moved around.

Please keep in mind that the traditional way of everything going though one person was primarily because of the limitations of paper calendars (and the limited security of the first web-calendars).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”