Building Scheduler Calendar Problem

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
beshiflett

Re: Building Scheduler Calendar Problem

Post by beshiflett »

Yep,, I have tried closing the browser ...didn't help. I appreciate you trying to help me figure this out.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

This is certainly strange. It's a bit of a long shot - but what about any add-ons that might have been added to all machines? Maybe something like ad block? Or, since this seems to have all been in the same house, what about trying a machine outside of the home to take the connection or firewall/filter out of the equation?

If this was really the fault of the calendar, I'd think we'd hear a lot more about it. This isn't just a minor annoyance. I've seen people unhappy for far less.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
beshiflett

Post by beshiflett »

That is a good idea. I will try it on my father's computer tomorrow at his house. If it works on his computer then I will check all the add ons I have and delete them and try it. Thanks for this idea. I will let you know tomorrow what I find out. Thanks
beshiflett

Post by beshiflett »

I tried my dad's computer today and the calendar worked just fine. So I guess it has to do with my computers...not sure what to change to make it right. Any idea where I should start?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

beshiflett wrote:I tried my dad's computer today and the calendar worked just fine. So I guess it has to do with my computers...not sure what to change to make it right. Any idea where I should start?
I'd eliminate the possibility it's something with your connection - perhaps taking your laptop to a different location.

Other than that, I'd look to what's common with all of your computers. Antivirus? Browser add-ons? Ad-block?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
beshiflett

Post by beshiflett »

Just wanted to thank you again for your patience in helping solve this problem.
It appears that I have been able to fix it. I went into every place I could think of that would let me put a trusted site into it and added lds.org to the trusted site list. And it looks like it is working now. Thank you. It has been a crazy frustrating 2 weeks for me trying to figure this out. Thanks for your help!!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

OK, that sounds like some kind of security restriction. "Trusted" tends to bypass that.

Glad you got it working.

beshiflett

Post by beshiflett »

It is me again. The problem has started up again. In fact in only was good for about 1 day.(But I have been busy with my daughter's wedding and Have not had time to think about this problem)
I can not save anything onto my Reservation calendar. I have tried going over to my brothers house and signing in on his computer with a different internet access and it still does the exact same thing. Which is I enter all the information go down and click the save button....then the page goes to a gear turning for about 2 seconds then flips back to the information page with out saving the reservation. Do you know if there could be something special that the stake clerk needs to click or unclick to allow me to save reservations on a calendar that I created for the Stake?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

beshiflett wrote:Do you know if there could be something special that the stake clerk needs to click or unclick to allow me to save reservations on a calendar that I created for the Stake?
I think I know what you are doing, but I want to be sure, because you're using calendar terminology in a non-standard way. I think what you've done is create a standard stake calendar and called it "Reservation" and you use that by placing events on it to signify when a facility is in use. That should work, even if you add a "location" to the event as long as there are no conflicting events also using that facility.

If the facility isn't enabled for scheduling, then it shouldn't be available to choose from when you try to select it for scheduling.

There is something that someone else has pointed out in Bug: No calendar selected, event not saved, no error shown. If for some reason there is no calendar selected, the event will not save and you will not get an error message. So I'd verify that you've selected your calendar.

beshiflett

Post by beshiflett »

After the church updated the reservation calendar in December I could not find a reservation calendar to use to reserve the buildings. No one here at the stake could help me. So I created 3 calendars naming them for each of the 3 buildings in our stake. Then each time I create an event for that calendar I assigned to the building asked to be reserved I do click on the calendar needed. Everything shows for me ...it asks which building and I always click on the location that I have assign to the calendar.
The funny part is that it worked long enough in December for me to go through and reserve all the meetings already scheduled by the stake onto the calendars. When it did work it was great. but now it won't let me save. I can't understand what could have happen.
I have attached a hand out I gave to each ward Exec Secretary so that they would see the reservations on the calendar but not edit them. Then they could preview the day they are asking for a reservation before actually asking for it to see if anything in the stake is going on in that building.
Attachments
Building Reservation Calendar Instructions.docx
This is the hand out I gave to each Ward Exec. Sec
(374.71 KiB) Downloaded 142 times

Return to “Calendar”