Building Scheduler Calendar Problem

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
beshiflett

Building Scheduler Calendar Problem

Post by beshiflett »

I can only enter one event with details each time I start my computer. I schedule and event as normal on the calendar and all is fine. Then I go to enter in another event on a completely different day and it will not enter. I press the enter event button and nothing happens...sometimes the gear symbol appears for a second then it goes back to page with no event added.
This is very frustrating. Help is needed to add events.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Building Scheduler Calendar Problem

Post by russellhltn »

What browser are you using? Any add-ons?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
beshiflett

Post by beshiflett »

I have tried all the browsers, chrome, firefox, internet explorer...the same thing happens. I can enter one event works great. But if I go to add a second event it won't save the event. I am using Windows 8.1 if that makes a difference. The only way I have found to add more than one event I need to shut down computer and restart. It gets a bit time consuming and frustrating when I have several events to put onto the calendar in one sitting
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Which calendar are you using, a regular ward/stake or the building calendar? And is it a restriction or a event?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
beshiflett

Post by beshiflett »

I am using one of the event calendars I created for our Stake for each building I schedule. I am scheduler for all 3 buildings used for our stake. I actual think it is just an event calender but it allows me to reserve rooms in each building.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I just used IE11 to create 3 non-repeating events in a stake calendar, each time booking the chapel. No problem. So I'm not able to duplicate it.

Have you tried another computer? It might be something odd with that one. Failing that, can you post a step-by-step sequence? Many times it's all in the details if the problem can be reproduced or not.

beshiflett

Post by beshiflett »

Problems with Calendar.docx
(175.57 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That looks pretty much what I did. It's the same as far as I can duplicate it using my stake's calendar and buildings.

Question: have you gone back and verified that it really did save after the reboot? If anything is going to get gummed up, I'd expect it to not save.

beshiflett

Post by beshiflett »

Yep. the event that worked actually was saved and on the calendar after the reboot.
I have tried it on all the computers in my house. I have a desktop Windows 8.1 and also a laptop with windows 8.1. I thought windows 8.1 was the problem so I dug up my old laptop that had XP on it. And it did the same thing. There must be something that I am doing wrong but can not understand what.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What process are you using to call up that event screen? I tend to just click on the calendar, but I know that's not the only way.

I find it odd there's something hanging on until you reboot. I assume you've tried just shutting down your browser (and all browser windows that are open)? It seems like that should clear out anything stuck on a web page.

Return to “Calendar”