Calendar 2.7 not allowing creation of new restrictions

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar 2.7 not allowing creation of new restrictions

Post by russellhltn »

kimwhansen wrote:I am listed as a Building Scheduler as I always have been. I checked on LDS tools and it shows my calling as Stake Executive Secretary, Stake Scheduler - Building 1 (which is the stake center).
Which doesn't do much in the calendar system.

In the calendar, Gear icon > Locations & Rooms > select the location. If you're not listed as a Building Scheduler there, then you don't really have Building Scheduler powers. Since you are a Stake Executive Secretary, you can add yourself as a Building Scheduler to that location.

It sounds like you used to be a Building Scheduler, but then lost those powers somehow (or you would have see a check box for "restriction" under the subscriptions area of the calendar).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:It sounds like you used to be a Building Scheduler, but then lost those powers somehow (or you would have see a check box for "restriction" under the subscriptions area of the calendar).
I'm not a building scheduler, admin or even an editor and I still see the restriction check box next to the locations that I have checked. But the checkbox doesn't show up unless the location is checked. When the checkbox is checked, I can see reservations (at least I can for some of the buildings--I assume the other buildings just don't have any reservations).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:I still see the restriction check box next to the locations that I have checked. But the checkbox doesn't show up unless the location is checked.
D'oh! Ok, that explains that. So members can see restrictions. That's good.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kimwhansen

Post by kimwhansen »

Thank you. I will go back to the calendar help file to review.
kimwhansen

Post by kimwhansen »

russellhltn wrote:
kimwhansen wrote:I am listed as a Building Scheduler as I always have been. I checked on LDS tools and it shows my calling as Stake Executive Secretary, Stake Scheduler - Building 1 (which is the stake center).
Which doesn't do much in the calendar system.

In the calendar, Gear icon > Locations & Rooms > select the location. If you're not listed as a Building Scheduler there, then you don't really have Building Scheduler powers. Since you are a Stake Executive Secretary, you can add yourself as a Building Scheduler to that location.

It sounds like you used to be a Building Scheduler, but then lost those powers somehow (or you would have see a check box for "restriction" under the subscriptions area of the calendar).
I am listed as a Building Scheduler when I go to the Gear icon > Locations & Rooms > select the location. However, when I am on the stake calendar and I click on Locations all it shows is Restrictions and Show. Shouldn't it list the buildings under location? If so, nothing is listed and maybe that is why I can't enter anything.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You probably don't have "This location can be scheduled by Wards and Stakes" checked off in the locations setup.

That is something new with 2.7. It used to be that Building Schedulers could still work with the locations unchecked, but apparently in 2.7 they can't. At least not at the moment. I do know they have a number of fixes they hope to deploy this week.

But if you check that off, then the calendar editors can schedule the rooms without having to contact you as outlined above.

kimwhansen

Post by kimwhansen »

This may sound like obvious, but where do I find "This location can be scheduled by Wards and Stakes" to check it off. I can find nothing in the locations setup. Would that be in the Gear icon under initial setup?
kimwhansen

Post by kimwhansen »

I went to initial setup and it said go to Set Up Locations, by an administrator which I am but I see no link or option to do that.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Gear icon > Locations & Rooms. Select the location. Click "Edit". Put a checkmark in "This location can be scheduled by Wards and Stakes". Save.

That should solve the problem of not seeing locations on the calendar.

At this point I'd avoid "initial setup", and I don't think it's necessary.

kimwhansen

Post by kimwhansen »

Thank you Russell. I found it and put the checkmark in and all the problems are solved. I can now see the restrictions on the calendar. Much better than having to go back and forth under the old system to two calendars. No more posts from me :).

Return to “Calendar”