Add or edit Event page is scrambled & not working properly

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dlandr001

Add or edit Event page is scrambled & not working properly

Postby dlandr001 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:21 pm

I schedule all activites on an Ipad running IOS8.1.1 and I am having issues with the recently released calandars "Event scheduling" page.
1- It is very difficult to scroll thru and select a calendar in the The "Select a Calandar" box. It requires two hands. One to scroll and hold the calandar in place and one to select the calandar.
2- The date and time start fields overlap so you can't select the up arrow to index the time forward (up) without being dropped into the date field.
3 - When trying to update the date of an event the date field doenst update with the new day but the calandar popup selector shows the new day.
4- When the "Update Event" button is selected I am never returned to the calandar. The only way I have figured out how to do an event update is to delete it and start over.
3- The delete confirmation popup is too large for the screen and I have to drag the page sideways to see the Yes or No button.
4 - The Event scheduling page opens at to bottom of the page instead of the top of the page.

Most of the above symptoms appear to be related a font size setting which squeezes and wraps fields.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Add or edit Event page is scrambled & not working proper

Postby russellhltn » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:35 pm

dlandr001 wrote:I schedule all activites on an Ipad running IOS8.1.1

What size screen?
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

dlandr001

Postby dlandr001 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:02 am

The screen size for an iPad is 9.7 in.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:28 am

While we're talking about the add/edit screen - My laptop is 1600 x 900. Even with the browser full-screen and at 100%, I have to scroll down to reach the save/cancel buttons. Kind of annoying to have to scroll to reach something that has to be used every single time I get that screen.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “Calendar”