Can't delete ward event

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
btphelps
New Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:14 pm

Can't delete ward event

Postby btphelps » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:35 pm

A ward scheduler created an event using rooms in the stake building. He left the ward and moved out of the stake. I am the stake clerk / webmaster in charge of the stake calendar. I can't see the ward's calendar. I need to unschedule the rooms he booked. How can I do this?

Brian

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20734
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Can't delete ward event

Postby russellhltn » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:10 am

The best way is to work with the Bishopric of the ward to have them edit/remove the event. Since the Bishopric/Secretary/Clerks are all Ward Admins, they should be able to take care if it without having to wait to call a replacement.

While there is a way to do edit things directly, I'm not sure as you can delete the event and you still need to communicate the change to the ward. So I think it's best to work with the ward up front.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

btphelps
New Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:14 pm

Re: Can't delete ward event

Postby btphelps » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:30 pm

Can you tell me the direct way? I'm not sure what ward calendar the event belongs to and the editor is no longer in the stake so I can't identify his original ward. The event is a duplicate of a stake event and no one in the ward is affected. Thanks.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20734
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Can't delete ward event

Postby russellhltn » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:45 pm

Assuming you are the Building Scheduler, you should be able to go into the event and pull up the edit screen. Down in the bottom right you'll see "Unit".
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14686
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Re: Can't delete ward event

Postby aebrown » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:46 pm

btphelps wrote:Can you tell me the direct way? I'm not sure what ward calendar the event belongs to and the editor is no longer in the stake so I can't identify his original ward. The event is a duplicate of a stake event and no one in the ward is affected. Thanks.

If you view the event details, you can see exactly what calendar it is on (the first item in the upper left corner of the event details), and what ward the event belongs to (the "Unit" listed in the upper right corner of the event details). Once you know the ward, it should be easy to contact the ward clerk or some other administrator in that ward and ask them to delete the event.

Although a building scheduler has permission to delete an event that takes place in his/her assigned building, it is my opinion that this power should be used only in extreme circumstances. It's much better to contact the ward and let them remove the event themselves, which any of their administrators can do.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20734
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Can't delete ward event

Postby russellhltn » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:52 pm

aebrown wrote:If you view the event details, you can see exactly what calendar it is on (the first item in the upper left corner of the event details), and what ward the event belongs to (the "Unit" listed in the upper right corner of the event details).


You must be looking at the different screen than I am. The first item I see on the upper left is the calendar name which doesn't necessarily have the unit name in it.

And it's lower right that I see "units".
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14686
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Re: Can't delete ward event

Postby aebrown » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:52 pm

russellhltn wrote:
aebrown wrote:If you view the event details, you can see exactly what calendar it is on (the first item in the upper left corner of the event details), and what ward the event belongs to (the "Unit" listed in the upper right corner of the event details).


You must be looking at the different screen than I am. The first item I see on the upper left is the calendar name which doesn't necessarily have the unit name in it.

And it's lower right that I see "units".

No, we're looking at the same screen, but you're not accounting for the difference between events that you have rights to edit and those that you don't, and also the difference between repeating and one-time events. In either case, the calendar name is in the upper left corner (and I never said that it had the unit name in it).

If you can edit an event, then the unit name and contact info for the person who last edited the event is indeed in the lower right corner. But if you can't edit the event, then that information is in the upper right corner for one-time events, and a bit lower in the right-hand column for repeating events.


Return to “Calendar”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest