Create Calendar Appointment from within LDSTools App?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
tothenelsons

Create Calendar Appointment from within LDSTools App?

Post by tothenelsons »

I can't seem to figure out how to add events to a calendar (ie appointments) from the LDSTools app. Pulling up the calendar to see what time are available is easy, but I have to make notes then manually input the info in from a desktop or mobile site. Is it not possible to make appointments via the app? I've searched/scrolled through several questions posted in the calendar section but am not seeing anything about this.
eblood66

Re: Create Calendar Appointment from within LDSTools App?

Post by eblood66 »

tothenelsons wrote:I can't seem to figure out how to add events to a calendar (ie appointments) from the LDSTools app. Pulling up the calendar to see what time are available is easy, but I have to make notes then manually input the info in from a desktop or mobile site. Is it not possible to make appointments via the app? I've searched/scrolled through several questions posted in the calendar section but am not seeing anything about this.
Currently the calendar is read only in the LDS Tools app. I don't know if there are any plans to change that.
tothenelsons

Post by tothenelsons »

Thanks for the quick reply!

Unfortunate that its read only. Efficiency mocks that I have to leave an app to make an appointment so I (and others) can view it in the app.

"Does Bishop/President have time to meet on Thursday?"
- Well let me pull up the calendar and check. Why yes he does.
"Would 830 be okay?"
- Yes, that's fine. Let me mark you down here--exit the app, log on to the mobile site, constant screen re-sizing, fat finger problems etc...

Ugh.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

According to the LDS Tools project JIRA, it is in the LDS Tools roadmap to add calendar editing abilities, but I don't know when it will happen.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Calendar”